https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are currently looking for a Graduate Landscape Architect to be based in Newcastle on a permanent basis. This role is looking for an MA/ Degree in Landscape Architechture and is looking at paying circa £22,000.
We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic graduate Landscape Architecture (0 – 2 years’ experience) to join our friendly landscape team in Newcastle upon Tyne to help deliver a wide range of landscape planning, assessment and design projects across various sectors but with a focus on Residential and Commercial development, Minerals and Waste, Energy and Infrastructure, and Health and Education. Project work ranges from LVIA through masterplanning, to hard and soft landscape design. As part of a multi-disciplinary firm, there will also be opportunities to collaborate on projects with a range of specialists from within our environment and engineering teams.
Our Newcastle upon Tyne office is located within 5 minutes’ walk of Central Station and close to all the city centre amenities, not to mention the wider attractions of the North East.
- Working with the Newcastle upon Tyne team on the delivery of all types of project work
- Carrying out fieldwork and report writing for LVIA with guidance
- Preparing designs for a range of projects as part of the team
- Attending site visits and project meetings with support
- Taking ownership of your assigned work to meet deadlines and client expectations
- Delivering a high standard of work
Skills and Qualities:
- Passionate about landscape architecture
- An appropriate LI-accredited qualification – either an MA or a postgraduate diploma in landscape architecture
- An interest in landscape planning and assessment
- A creative, problem-solving approach to design
- Good graphic capabilities
- Ability to use AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite to a high standard
- Ability to use other software packages (e.g. Sketch up, Revit) would be beneficial
- A high standard of written English and excellent presentation skills
- Good interpersonal, communication and time management skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Ability to take initiative in response to direction or instruction
- A driving license
- A flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and commitment to independent, career long learning
- A willingness to enrol on the Institute’s Pathway to Chartership scheme