http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
As the Graduate Manufacturing Engineer for this world class manufacturing business you will provide day to day production engineering support for existing product lines, including fault finding on equipment, design of labels, improvement activities etc.
- Provide engineering support and problem solving expertise.
- Constantly review ways to improve production productivity and application of lean/6 sigma processes.
- Lead, participate in and promote continuous improvement through SMED and lean principles within facility applying a suite of improvement tools such as 5S, SMED, Kaizen Event, Poka Yoke, VSM, etc.
- Ensure operational excellence principles are applied at all times.
- Contribute manufacturing technical expertise to new product design and introduction to manufacturing process.
- Plan and Manage specific work to tight timescales
- Resolve technical and QA issues.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning work flow, space requirements, equipment and equipment layout.
- Drive and facilitate advance manufacturing techniques (Automation).
- Provide technical engineering expertise to support manufacturing and NPI processes.
- Contribute to and/or manage concurrent projects in a cross functional environment.
- Working with colleagues to manage ongoing ‘day to day’ business as well as the Operational Excellence improvement projects.
- Introduce new systems/ways of working to maximise efficiency and cost savings.
- Increase problem solving skills and methodologies across the organisation.
- HND/Degree in relevant Engineering subject, preferably mechanical
- Understanding of Lean principles and production process mapping
- Can problem solve production issues and come up with Ideas to design and produce Jigs & Fixtures to resolve production issues
- Someone who is mainly mechanical but has a brief understanding of control systems and electrical/software controls
- Experience of providing engineering support in a manufacturing environment
- Lean manufacturing/automation experience (advantageous)
- Experience of working in cross-functional teams, and on solo projects
- Excellent communication skills
- IT skills – including CAD, 3-d modelling, MS Office Suite, SAP (desirable)
- Eligible to work in UK & Europe
- Salary to £28k
- 37 Hour working week – with a 1 p.m. finish
To apply for the role of Graduate Manufacturing Engineer please click ‘Apply Now’