https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
GPW are looking to recruit a Graduate Software Engineer for a leading engineering company with a global presence. The company operate from various sites across the UK and worldwide, supplying to a niche market.
The role is working on windows based control systems and software, you’ll work closely with an experienced engineer and in time will be responsible for system configuration, system testing, and provide onsite support to an installation team.
- Interpreting clients’ requirements, identifying and addressing design parameters and engineering problems and ensuring solutions are implemented.
- Responsible for the production of Project Documentation including Functional Design Specifications, Project Specific Drawings, Design Risk Assessments, Test Procedures, Operator / Maintenance manuals and Training manuals.
- Using industry norms and standards carry out design calculations for cubicle sizes, cooling fans, cable sizing, fusing and MCB calcs, UPS sizing etc.
- Responsible for the system configurations to meet project requirements.
- Identifying any functionality changes to be made to core software
- Responsible for the checking of Project specific drawings to ensure that the design for build meets the client and Project requirements
- Liaise with workshop build personnel to ensure that the Control System hardware is manufactured to meet Functionality described in FDS and to meet workshop standards.
- Ensure that systems are thoroughly tested and faults are de bugged prior to offering systems for Client testing at FAT or SAT stage in Project Lifecycle.
Requirements for the role:
- Degree qualified in software engineering or similiar
- The successful applicant will need to have good communication skills as the duties will include liaising with internal departments, have the ability to work on their own initiative with minimum supervision , prioritise work load and the skills to be a good team player.
- Highly motivated with a team orientated work style.
- Must be computer literate. (Word/Excel/Microsoft Project)
- Valid passport holder and clean driving license required for occasional international or UK travel.
The salary on offer is negotiable dependent on experience.
To apply for the role of Software Engineer please click apply now.