GPW are recruiting for our client in Derby, who are UKAS accredited laboratory and are market leaders in their field. They have recently invested significant funds on new equipment and they require a Head of Laboratory – Electrical with at least 4 years’ relevant experience as an Electrical Calibration Engineer in calibration, maintenance and use of electrical instruments relating to Temperature, Radio Frequency, Voltage, Current, Resistance, Inductance and Capacitance.
The successful candidate must possess the ability to solve complex calibration problems which requires deep technical knowledge and the role is ideally suited to an ambitious individual who has the desire to work for a fast-growing experienced company within the calibration and metrology industry.
In addition to this, the ideal candidate will possess a demonstrable experience of leading a team of Calibration Engineers and with the recent investment made on new equipment, possess a creative, forward thinking and logical approach with innovative methodologies to develop, grow and maximise productivity of the laboratory, to meet and exceed our clients’ expectations.
The role is currently working Monday- Friday days, working 39.5 hours per week, with a degree of flexibility when business needs require.
Salary & Benefits:
- £28,000- £35,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- 20 days holiday + stats
- Company pension scheme
- Possible flexi time
To be suitable for the Head of Laboratory – Electrical role you must have the following experience/ characteristics:
- The ability to maintain an effective working knowledge of techniques and trends in Electrical Calibration, Inspection and Testing techniques.
- The aptitude to deliver safety critical services to our customers working in accordance with prescribed industry standards, international standards, local operating procedures.
- Assisting with the implementation of the development of techniques, quality assurance and control procedures etc. In line with the companies cost and business strategies.
- Self-motivated and driven, willing to volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked and taking ownership of the each day, with a passion to make a difference to the company.
- Have a sound understanding of technical literature to carry our first principle inspection
- Ability to read, understand and create uncertainty budgets.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all staff in accordance with current Health & Safety Regulations.
- Take pride in having a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- A genuine enjoyment and pride of mentoring and imparting your knowledge onto technicians, apprentices and trainee technicians
- Demonstrate professionalism towards clients always to ensure both corporate and personal representation to the highest standard.
- Manage and maintain Company assets and equipment in such a manner to optimise utilisation and availability.
To be suitable for the Head of Laboratory – Electrical role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience in the inspection and calibration of instruments, components and measuring devices.
- Relevant qualifications in the scope of work employed to test, inspect or calibrate.
- Experience in the use and calibration of electrical instruments such as Multimeters, Insulation Testers, Antenna Tester, Oscilloscopes and Thermometers
- To have held a similar position carrying out the inspection, calibration and testing for a minimum of 2 years, within a relevant field.
- Previous experience of UKAS ISO 17025 Audits.
- Ability to solve complex calibration problems which requires deep technical knowledge.
- PC Literate.
The ideal Head of Laboratory – Electrical will have the following experience / characteristics:
- Working knowledge of quality systems (e.g. BS EN ISO 17025).
- Experience of staff training / mentoring.
- Degree level educated.
The successful Head of Laboratory – Electrical will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. With experience of working in a manufacturing environment, you will have a standard-level education ( ideally to degree standard), have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in this role and have the required experience, please click on the apply now button.
Due to the demand for this type of role, we may not be able to speak to all applicants so please accept our apologies.
You will be contacted within two working days if your application has proceeded to the next stage.