http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Head of Laboratory / Senior Calibration Engineer (Electrical) with recent experience of working to ISO 17025 standards & UKAS audits is required for a permanent role in the Derby, East Midlands area. Salary is negotiable (dependent on experience and qualifications) The Head of Laboratory (Electrical) will be working circa 40 hours (Mon – Fri Days). Applications also considered from Senior Electrical Calibration Engineer / Technician’s
- Negotiable salary (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- 20 days holiday + stats
- company pension scheme
- Possible flexi time and O/T
The successful Head of Laboratory / Senior Calibration Engineer (Electrical) day to day duties will include:
- Ensure the laboratory is compliant to relevant quality systems such as ISO17025, by maintaining audit schedules.
- Assist in developing techniques, QA and control procedures in line with company strategies
- Mentor, train and impart calibration knowledge and techniques to staff
- To calibrate measuring instrumentation to company procedures, specific parameters and in line with industry standards
- Accurately recording results and in line with industry standards
- Comply with company H&S guidelines.
To be suitable for this Head of Laboratory / Senior Calibration Engineer (Electrical) role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Ideally will have completed a relevant electrical engineering apprenticeship.
- Calibrated electrical equipment to UKAS standards.
- Experience of UKAS Audits.
- Ability to solve complex calibration problems which requires deep technical knowledge.
- Must be PC literate – MS Word & MS Excel.
- Must be able to interpret electrical engineering drawing.
- Highly organised, with high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
The ideal Head of Laboratory / Senior Calibration Engineer (Electrical) will have the following experience / characteristics:
- Proven track record as Head of Laboratory (Electrical)
- Relevant qualifications in electrical engineering discipline ideally equivalent to HND or higher.
- Working knowledge of quality systems ISO 17025
- Ability to read, understand and create uncertainty budgets.
- Experience of staff training / mentoring.
Key words: Calibration, Manager, Senior Calibration Technician, Calibration Engineer, Head of Laboratory, Management, Team Leader, Supervisor, Test and Verification, Measurement, Quality, Calibrate, Metrology, ISO9000, UKAS, ISO 17025, QA, QMS, Electrical, Auditing, Inspection, Electrical Engineering, Standards Room, Derby, Nottingham, Leicester, Stoke, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Staffordshire, Leicestershire East Midlands,
The successful Head of Laboratory (Electrical) will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. With experience of working in a UKAS laboratory, you will have the relevant qualifications and or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Electrical Head of Laboratory role and have the required experience, please click on the apply now button.