We are looking for a Head of Sales to work on a permanent basis for a large engineering client. The role will be working from home so the successful Head of Sales Person can be based anywhere in the UK.
Our client is looking for a Head of Sales person with a strong background in Renewables, Offshore Wind farming or similar.
£75,000 per annum plus Bonus (up to 20%) Plus Car
esponsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Defining and carrying out appropriate tactics to achieve the growth aspiration of client’s 5 Year Strategy and annual sales forecasts
- Proactively engage with the OW market through meeting clients, direct enquiries, relationship management, events and where applicable agents or subcontractors.
- Ensure customer requests and enquiries are promptly processed and all efforts made to upsell or cross sell across the Business and the wider James Fisher Renewables offering.
- In line with information provided by the client Strategy Team this role is responsible for managing a portfolio of prospective work successfully driving it from initial lead creation to contract award in line with the agreed business plan.
- Responsible for identifying market opportunities and building a pipeline of potential work in compliance with the lead qualification process whist training the wider sales and tendering team in its correct usage and utilisation of internal processes.
- Support the Strategy team by actively participating and contributing towards the generation of business intelligence which will support the Strategy team in generating ideas for strategic initiatives and new service offering development.
- Support the Strategy Team when/as needed in the identification, strategic positioning and creating the vision for client alongside the customer base to create a robust pipeline of tangible and measurable opportunities.
- Responsible for the effective management and maintenance of the sales pipeline providing reliable information on its conversion, qualification, and customer requirements.
- Ensure the sales pipeline is balanced with a healthy long-term portfolio.
- Participate in the creation of and support marketing in their activities to ensure a consistent and effective communication and branding strategy is deployed in line with customer neclient and expectations.
- Provide continuous updates to the Strategy Team on competitors and potential partners.
- Responsible for designing and implementing the required internal processes and then providing training and coaching to the wider sales team to insure they are both complaint and more effective in their roles.
- Responsible for managing and reporting on the day-to-day performance of all sales team members and deliver reviews in conformity with internal processes and procedures.
- Attend weekly and/or monthly team meetings with sales team and Strategy Team.
- Responsible for ensuring the correct usage and compliance of CRM and other sales applications as determined by the Strategy Director.
Who we are looking for
- Relevant experience leading a Sales function
- Experience of the Renewables market, in particular Offshore Wind, is preferable
- Background in technical / engineering / operational services advantageous
- Experience building and leading a sales team and managing direct reports
- Knowledge of working with CRM Business Systems
- Experience of designing and implementing appropriate sales processes
- Proven experience in account management and relationship building
- Track record of managing a sales portfolio with high conversion indicators
- High level of commercial acumen and fluency
If the Head of Sales role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW.