https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Health and Safety Manager / H&S Specialist with relevant experience of managing in the FMCG sector is required for a permanent role for a European company based in Wigan, Lancashire area. Salary is £40,000 – £45,000 pa (dependent on experience and qualifications)
Salary and benefits:
- Salary £40,000 – £45,000 pa (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- 25 days holiday + B/hols
- Pension Scheme
Job Objective: Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, the H&S Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all safety legislation is adhered to and company H&S policies and practices are followed. Plan, implement, monitor and review the protective and preventative measures required, and work with plant management to minimise operational losses, workplace accidents and injuries.
The successful Health and Safety Manager to day duties will include:
- Apply Group Policies related to Equal Opportunities, Environment, Health & Safety and Quality.
- Advise the Plant Management of C/S/MA topics, so that the best strategy is always chosen.
- Contribute to compliance with the Company´s QSE targets and act as a link on these issues with the group.
- Inform Operation Manager of labour risks prevention, food security, quality & environmental legal obligations in every site.
- Implement the guidelines and procedures of the Group / Area in relation to these topics, assuring the fulfilment of the good practices of manufacture.
- Be responsible for the plant laboratory, assuring a good service.
- Coordinate and act as secretary of the Committees Safety Management and MA.
- Assure the suitable formation and training on the subject of Safety and Environment of the collaborators and contractors assigned to the plant, contributing to the maintenance of the training matrix.
- To contribute to the definition of the annual targets of H&S.
- Assure the fulfilment at reporting level, either by legal obligation or by Group Policy (accidents, monthly Indicators of QSE, surveys of official organisms and clients, Proper Memorial Service of Prevention, annual Memory transported of dangerous goods, etc.).
- Ensure that the system management documents are kept up to date, reviewing them, if necessary.
- Maintain relations with the external Certifying entity and coordinate internally the auditors’ visit.
- Assist in the various administrative tasks resulting from the company´s legal obligations in QSE
- Give support to operations, production, logistics and commercial department in the relations and external communications of the plant with the Administration, entrepreneurial organizations, providers, surveys, etc.
- Follow the system’s indicators and propose new ones that allow better monitoring.
- Advise the rest of Sections on any aspect related to the HSEQ management that they need.
- Promote along with the Operations the annual planning review, in order to identify current deviations, analyse system efficiency and define the new management plan according to the existing referential (review by Management).
- Advise technically on the subject of safety, emissions, residues and spills. This means participating in all the projects developed in the region and in the Shutdown preparation.
- Propose improvements to facilities in areas of QSE
- Promote Continuous Improvement, contributing to the detection of needs, prompting corrective action, participating in training and campaigning to promote the management system.
- Collaborate with the Sections involved in the analysis and resolution of the incidents / accidents and claims.
- Promote and collaborate in the implementation of projects and advanced hardware that will impact in the continuous improvement of products and processes: statistical process control, AMFE’s, 6sigma, 5S’s, etc.
- Receive and analyse together with the related Committees the employee suggestions regarding QSE
To be suitable for this H&S Manager role it is essential that you have the following experience and skills:
- Recent experience in a similar role within the FMCG sector
- Relevant qualifications in Chemistry, Engineering or Environmental Science
- NEBOSH qualified (general cert).
- Computer literate in MS packages
- CI skills
- Experience of capturing, mapping and documenting agreed processes.
- Strong problem solving skills, a logical thought process and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Excellent communication and people management skills, with the ability to influence and motivate people
- Numerate and high attention to detail
- Strong customer focus
To be more suitable for this Health and Safety Manager role you will have the following experience / qualifications:
- Degree qualified in Chemistry, Engineering or Environmental Science
- Auditing experience
- Degree equivalent qualification in QSE (Safety most essential)
- Experience of working in the paper, cardboard or packaging industry.
Key Words: Health and Safety Manager, H&S Specialist, HSE, ISO 45001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, RAMS, Risk Assessment, Method Statements, NEBOSH, BRC, QE, Document Control, Auditor, Continuous Improvement, Engineering, Manufacturing, FMCG, Paper, Packaging, High Volume, Continuous Production, Wigan, Lancashire, North West
If you are interested in this HS Manager role and you meet the essential requirements please click the apply now button