https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Under the initial supervision of the Group Quality Manager, the HSE Coordinator is responsible for implementing and monitoring Company health, safety and environmental operations and tasks at both the Staffordshire office and client sites. The HSE Coordinator is the primary contact for employees and managers concerning safety-related matters, is responsible for the application of the Company Health, Safety, & Environmental (HSE) systems and is accountable for the Company’s CDM Principal Designer and Principal Contractor compliance. This includes but is not limited to: risk assessment and management activities, managing the internal permit to work system, client site audits, CDM compliance, applicable report writing, industrial HSE compliance auditing, HSE training, HSE system development, incident investigation and data trending and analysis. The HSE Coordinator provides resources and information to Company employees and management as needed.
- Proven track record in QHSE Management and QHSE Management standards (BS OHSAS18001/45001, Achilles UVDB Verify, ISO9001 and 14001).
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- Experience and working knowledge of current Construction Design Management (CDM) regulations.
- Experience with and knowledge of Achilles UVDB Verify accreditation and auditing.
- Auditor qualification and experience covering Client site works inspections/audits including CDM, and major gas infrastructure owners/providers requirements.
- Broad knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental legislation and Guides/Standards.
- Experience of handling 3rd party and customer (& their agents) auditors.
- Experience of conducting ‘tender’ and ‘in-contract’ QHSE activities in a pressured environment.
- Experience in generation & checking of management procedures, risk assessments (+ reviewing & utilising method statement detail), COSHH assessments in a pressured environment.
- Experience in Design, Manufacture, Installation and Service industry.
- Management of improvement programs & various improvement activities/techniques.
- Develop and deliver Toolbox talks and relevant internal training.
- Experience of undertaking Accident/Incident investigations and production of associated reports.
- Able to communicate and interact across all levels of the business.
- Identifies hazards and potential risks and assist operations staff with eliminating or mitigating those hazards
- At least 5 years’ experience in QHSE in the Oil and Gas industry or equivalent.
- At least 2 years’ experience of Project working with major gas infrastructure owners/providers – National Grid/SGN/Wales & West/Cadent/Northern Gas Networks/Costain etc.
- Diploma or equivalent (equivalent formal qualification for Environmental also desired, ditto for Quality)
- Working knowledge of Quality Standards practices & techniques.
- Experience in performing audits/assessments of sub-contractors/suppliers.