https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
H&S Officer / Health and Safety Advisor / Contractor Supervisor required immediately for a permanent position in the Derby area. Salary is negotiable (dependent on experience and qualifications) + benefits (see below). The HSE Officer / Contractor Supervising Officer will work circa 37 – 40 hours (Mon – Fri Days)
Salary & Benefits:
- Negotiable salary (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- 25 Days holiday + Bank Hols
- Company Pension
- Life assurance (2x)
- Sick Pay after qualifying period
- Employee perks package
Purpose of Job: To support the Branch Manager by providing Contractor Supervision across multiple technical departments on multiple customer sites. To be responsible for HSE compliance to national and customer standards and to ensure all work is completed to the customer’s satisfaction and accurate work records are maintained.
The successful HSE Officer / Contractor Supervising Officer day to day duties will include:
- Provide HSE adherence at all levels of the business.
- Review operational and HSE documentation of sub-contractor wishing to attend customer sites.
- Review, revise and authorise RAMS to cover planned calibration work on customer sites.
- Liaise with customer to develop effective working relationships.
- Assists with the scheduling of contractor visits to customer sites and liaise with customer staff to ensure planned work visits are convenient and effective.
- Complete contractor performance reviews on a timely basis and establish development plans as required.
- Communicate regularly with sub-contractors and customers to maintain a good communication loop.
- Provide Key Performance Indicator reports to drive continuous improvement.
- Help develop and implement process improvement plans.
To be suitable for this HSE Advisor / Contractor Supervising Officer role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- IOSH or NEBOSH Certified
- Recent H&S experience in Manufacturing, Engineering or production environment.
- Project Management / Process development experience would be useful.
- Customer / Stakeholder facing experience.
- Self-starter, resourceful, flexible, responsive, detail oriented and possess a good work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, both verbal and written.
- Full, UK driving licence.
The ideal H&S Officer / Contractor Supervising Officer will have:
- Previous experience of working for an Aerospace, Engineering or Metrology company.
- Proven track record as H&S Officer / Contractor Supervisor
- Preferably HNC or higher qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Time served / completed apprenticeship in engineering / manufacturing discipline.
Key words: H&S, Health and Safety, HSE, ISO 45001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, RAMS, Risk Assessment, Method Statements, IOSH, NEBOSH, Contractor Supervision, Administration, Document Control, Customer Service, Stakeholder, Production, Engineering, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Automotive, Derby, Nottingham, Derbyshire, East Midlands
The successful HSE Advisor / Contractor Supervising Officer will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. With experience of working in a manufacturing environment, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in H&S Officer / Contractor Supervisor role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.