https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Installation / Field Service Engineer with excellent all round engineering skills with experience of assembling / wiring high value special purpose machinery required ASAP for a permanent day role in Altrincham / Wythenshawe Area. This role attracts a salary of up to £35,000 pa (dependent on experience and qualifications) + overnight travel allowance (approx. 30 weeks / year). The basic working week is approx. 39 hours (Mon – Fri days).
Salary & Benefits:-
- Up to £35,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- Company vehicle
- Overnight travel allowance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Company pension
- Life assurance, Income protection, cycle to work, childcare voucher and health scheme.
Job Objective: To effectively perform electrical electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic and basic mechanical installation duties on all equipment to the required timescale and quality and in accordance with the job specification/drawings and works order. To provide an effective and efficient installation fault finding service on customer’s sites in the UK and overseas on a frequent basis.
The successful Electrical Engineer / Field Service Engineer day to day duties will include:
- Installation of electrical control systems on machinery, control panel building and wiring of various components back to panel as per drawing/specification
- Ensure all electrical fittings / wiring meets the required safety standards, wiring is numbered correctly, all electrical connections are tight and there are no loose or extraneous wires.
- Conduct an inspection of electrical aspects and ensure compliance in accordance with the inspection sheets
- Installation & setup of video imaging, software and PLCs to ensure correct running of machinery.
- Complete final tests on all electrical work taking action to rectify any faults identified
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in verbal and written communications.
- Maintain all appropriate documentation and ensure that all unused components are returned to stores appropriately
To be suitable for this Electrical Assembly Fitter / Field Service Engineer role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Ideally be time served / completed apprenticeship as an Electrical Fitter / Panel Wirer, Electrical Engineer.
- Hold 17th Edition Electrical Wiring Regulations.
- Must have previous experience of installation of electrical control systems on machinery, control panel build and wiring of various components back to panel.
- Knowledge of electrical controls systems / PLC’s, servo motors, pneumatic and hydraulic components
- Previous experience of downloading and installing of PLC programs onto machinery.
- Good communicational (oral, reading and writing) skills.
- PC Literate – MS Word / MS Excel
- Full UK Drivers Licence
The ideal Electrical Fitter / Field Service Engineer will have the following skills / experience:
- HNC or higher qualification in a relevant electrical / electronic engineering discipline
- Relevant PLC training / qualifications preferably Siemens or Bosch.
- Previous experience of assembling high value / low volume bespoke machinery.
- Mechanical assembly experience.
- Commissioned / serviced rotating machinery on customer’s site.
Key Words: Electrical Fitter, Panel Wirer, Control Panels, PLC’s, Servo Motors, Servo Drives, Machine Assembling, Installation, Fault Finding, Panel Wiring, Electrical Engineer, Electrician, Bespoke, Special Purpose Machinery, Printing, Rotating, Maintenance, Field Service, Manufacture Assembly, Altrincham, Wythenshawe, Cheshire, Manchester, Lancashire, Worldwide Travel
The Successful Electrical Fitter / Panel Wirer / Electrical Field Service Engineer will be a team player, highly motivated, always aiming to produce a quality product, flexible as there may be overtime, willing to stay away from home occasionally and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will also have previous experience of working in a quality assembly / manufacturing environment have the relevant qualifications, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Electrical Fitter / Field Service Engineer role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button