https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
GPW are recruiting for an Instrument Calibration Engineer with experience of calibrating electrical measuring instrumentation needed for a permanent position in the Aberdeen area. Salary is £25,000 – £30,000 pa (dependent on experience and qualifications) + benefits (see below). The Instrumentation Calibration Engineer position will be working c37 hour weeks (M-F Days)
- Very Competitive salary (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- 25 days holiday plus bank hols.
- Company Pension and Life Assurance
- Company sick pay (following a qualifying period)
- Company “perks” benefits
- Occasional O/T
The successful Instrument Calibration Engineer day to day duties will include:
- To calibrate electronic / electrical measuring instruments such as pyrometry / temperature / heat / thermocouple / thermowells measuring instrumentation to NADCAP / AMS2750D requirements.
- Carry out pressure, flow and vibration calibrations
- Documenting and inputting data / results onto computer and producing quality written documents.
- To follow company H&S guidelines.
To be suitable for this Instrumentation Calibration Engineer role you must have the following experience:
- Preferably have previous experience as an Instrument calibration engineer / technician.
- Previous experience of calibrating Temperature / Heat / Pyrometry, Thermowells, Thermocouples, Pressure, Furnaces and electrical.
- Ideally will have completed a relevant engineering apprenticeship or be time served.
- Must be PC literate in MS Word and Excel
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills and be able to work with the minimum of supervision
To be more suitable for this Instrument Calibration Engineer role it would be more advantageous if you have the following experience:
- Ideally educated to HNC or higher in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Proven customer facing experience.
- Experience of using Eurotherm (advanced instrumentation equipment)
- Calibrating of furnace plant / electronic measuring equipment to NADCAP / AMS2750D requirements.
- Heat treatment plant calibration / TUS / SAT tests / using thermocouples / electronic measuring equipment.
- Calibration of flow and vibration
- UKAS qualified
- Knowledge of importing / exporting from Excel databases and report generation from databases.
- Test rig calibration
- Aerospace or Automotive industry.
The successful Instrument Calibration Engineer will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Instrument Calibration Engineer / Technician role and have the required experience please click the apply now button.