https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Calibration Engineer / Test Technician (Elec, Pressure, Temp, Acoustics or Accelerometry) required immediately for a permanent role in the South Manchester area. Negotiable salary, dependent on experience and qualifications. The successful candidate will be working circa 39 hrs, M-F days
The client will also consider recently qualified Electrical / Instrumentation Apprentices / Trainees or experienced Field Service Tech, Test Eng. or similar trade who have used and calibrated Electrical / Electronic, Pressure, Temp, Acoustics or Accelerometry Instruments.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary is negotiable, (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- 33 Days holiday inclusive of Bank Hols
- Sick Pay
- Occasional O/T – midweek O/T and Sat hours @1.5x and Sunday hours @ 2x
The successful Instrument / Electrical Calibration Engineer day to day duties will include:
- To calibrate electronic / electrical, pressure and mass measuring instruments to in-house or traceable standards.
- Documenting and inputting data / results onto computer and producing quality written documents.
- To follow company H&S guidelines.
To be suitable for this Electronic / Instrument Calibration Engineer / Quality Test Technician role you must have the following experience:
- Ideally will have completed a relevant engineering apprenticeship or be time served.
- Previous experience of calibrating SOME of the following equipment: pressure gauges, DMM’s, Clamp Meters, Oscilloscopes, Ammeters, Volt Meters, PAT testers, Insulation Testers, weights / mass, acoustic or accelerometry to in-house standards.
- Must be PC literate in MS Word and Excel
- Good communication skills and be able to work with the minimum of supervision.
The ideal Electrical Calibration Technician will have the following experience:
- Have previous experience as an Electrical / Instrument Calibration Engineer / Technician.
- Previous experience of calibrating to UKAS standards.
- Able to calibrate more than one of the following disciplines: Electrical, Pressure, Temperature, Acoustics, Accelerometry or Mass.
- Electrical / electronic fault finding / test and repair skills using electronic test / debug equipment.
- Knowledge of importing / exporting from Excel databases and report generation from databases.
Key Words: Calibration Engineer, Electrical, Pressure, Temperature, Acoustics, Accelerometry, Mass, Humidity, Calibration Technician, Calibrate, Metrology, Instrument, Test and Verification, Instrumentation, Test & Measurement, Calibrating, ISO 9001 Electronic, Electrical Test Equipment, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Automotive, Manchester, Stockport, Ashton under Lyne, Greater Manchester, Cheshire
The successful Electrical / Instrument Calibration Engineer will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Calibration Engineer / Technician (Electrical / Pressure / Temperature) role and have the required experience please click the apply now button.