Instrument Calibration Engineer (Electrical / Electronic bias) with experience of calibration for all aspects of instrumentation metrology needed for a permanent position in the Tyne and Wear area. Competitive salary (dependent on experience and qualifications) + benefits (see below). The Instrumentation Calibration Engineer position will be working c37 hours week (M-F Days)
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- 25 days holiday plus bank hols.
- Company Pension and Life Assurance
- Company sick pay (following a qualifying period)
- Company “perks” benefits
- Occasional O/T
Purpose of Job: Responsible for undertaking various calibrations both ISO9001/17025 accredited in accordance with Company Procedures, UKAS regulations and recognised specifications. Maintaining relevant records of work, data and results in a traceable and auditable manner utilizing EMS management systems.
The successful Instrument Calibration Engineer day to day duties will include:
- Calibrating various electrical and mechanical equipment.
- To calibrate electronic / electrical measuring instruments such as pyrometry / temperature / heat / thermocouple / thermowells measuring instrumentation to NADCAP / AMS2750D requirements.
- Carry out pressure, flow and vibration calibrations
- Calibration of dimensional equipment with potential training.
- Documenting and inputting data / results onto computer and producing quality written documents.
- To follow company H&S guidelines.
To be suitable for this Instrumentation Calibration Engineer role you must have the following experience:
- Preferably have previous experience as an Instrument calibration engineer / technician.
- Previous experience of calibrating Electrical, Mechanical, Temperature / Heat / Pyrometry, Thermowells, Thermocouples, Pressure equipment.
- Ideally will have completed a relevant engineering apprenticeship or be time served.
- Must be PC literate in MS Word and Excel
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills and be able to work with the minimum of supervision
To be more suitable for this Instrument Calibration Engineer role it would be more advantageous if you have the following experience:
- Ideally educated to HNC or higher in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Proven customer facing experience, ideally within the Aerospace or Automotive industry
- Experience of using Eurotherm (advanced instrumentation equipment)
- Calibrating of furnace plant / electronic measuring equipment to NADCAP / AMS2750D requirements.
- Heat treatment plant calibration / TUS / SAT tests / using thermocouples / electronic measuring equipment and the calibration of flow and vibration
- Dimensional / physical calibration such as micrometers, engineer squares, plug, ring height gauges, torque etc.
- Experience of operating a CMM would be advantageous.
- UKAS qualified
- Knowledge of importing / exporting from Excel databases and report generation from databases.
- MCMS Gage Insite and EMS management system..
Key Words: Instrument Calibration Engineer, Pyrometry, Calibration Technician, Temperature, Calibrate, Humidity, Metrology, Thermocouple, PRT’s, Test Verification, Thermowells, Test & Measurement Instrumentation, Calibrating, Metrology, Mechanical, Calibrate, NADCAP, AMS 2750E, UKAS, ITS 90, Electrical, Electronic, Furnaces, Washington, Sunderland, Newcastle, Tyne and Wear, Durham
The successful Instrument Calibration Engineer will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Instrument Calibration Engineer/ Technician role and have the required experience please click the apply now button.