https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Internal Sales Engineer / Technical Sales Support Specialist with recent experience of telesales, excellent communication skills (verbal and written), engineering qualifications / background and full UK driving licence is required for a full time, permanent position in the Knutsford, WA16 area. Salary is up to £22,500 (dependent on experience and qualifications). The basic working week is 37.5 hours (8:00am – 4:30pm Mon – Fri).
Salary & Benefits:-
- Up to £22,500 (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Good company pension
- Yearly Bonus (Availability of bonus depends on company performance and is discretionary)
- Rest room with TV, drinks & snacks machine, fridges, microwaves and sandwich ordering service.
Job Purpose: Reporting into the Sales Team Leader, provide technical and administrative support to all members of the sales team acting as the internal liaison communicating between the external sales engineers and all other internal teams
The successful Internal Sales Engineer / Technical Sales Support duties will include:
- Offering technical sales support to customers either via email, telephone or face to face, providing excellent customer service and develop excellent working relationships.
- Research the internet, relevant publications and industry knowledge etc. to target new, lapsed and current customers.
- Understand the basic functionality and capability of company products and knowledge of packaging materials and compatibilities.
- Utilise Salesforce CRM database to create new accounts and new sales opportunities, updating records and ensuring that activity is reported in a required timescales.
- Prepare technical quotations and sales proposals using templates in Salesforce CRM.
- Working closely with design and projects team regarding technical issues and feasibility of customer requirements in particular modifications to onsite machinery or tooling. Request parts lists, costs and labour required so that prices can be calculated by the sales team prior to quotes being prepared.
- Liaise closely with production to specify delivery dates and availability of machinery and lead times for tooling and modifications to existing machinery and tools.
- Work with the sales engineers to organise, support and carry out production trials as appropriate.
- Obtain customers’ packaging samples on behalf of the Sales Engineers for new orders when required and issue specimens to relevant departments after processing sales orders as required.
- Complete tooling specification sheets on behalf of the sales engineers.
- Process customer purchase orders on Syspro ERP system.
- File specification and other information relating to the orders that has been provided by the sales engineers in the correct folders on the file server.
- Participate in monthly sales meetings taking an active role offering constructive ideas and feedback to the team.
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in verbal and written communications in a timely manner.
- Assist customers and colleagues with problems that arise offering practical and appropriate solutions.
- Ensure that customer / company confidentiality is not breached during any form of communication.
- Ensure the Sales Team Leader is regularly updated and informed of any relevant issues.
The ideal Internal Sales Engineer will have the following experience / characteristics:
- Recent internal / technical sales experience
- Relevant mechanical / electrical engineering qualifications.
- Able to read engineering drawings / understand engineering terminology.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues.
- Qualified to GCSE standard including Maths, Science and English at grade B or higher.
- Organised, methodical and attentive to detail.
- Sociable / outgoing, self-motivated, able to overcome objections, resilient and ability to influence.
- Be able to work with the minimum of supervision.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, CRM and ERP software.
- Full UK driving licence.
Key words: Technical Sales Engineer, Internal Sales, Telephone Sales, Telesales, Telemarketing, Business Development, Cold Calling, B2B, HNC, Graduate, Machine Shop, CNC, Developing Business, Technical Specialist, ERP, CRM, Syspro, Salesforce, Manufacturing, Engineering, Food, Pharma, Permanent, Full Time, Knutsford, Altrincham, Warrington, Macclesfield, South Manchester, Cheshire
The successful Internal / Technical Sales Engineer will need to be organised, self-motivated, able to work under pressure and to deadlines, assertive, possess a strong work ethic and able to work as part of a team. The successful applicant will need to have a practical approach to work along with the relevant qualifications / experience.
If you are interested in Technical Sales / Internal Sales Engineer role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.