https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
IT Helpdesk Technician / ICT Support Analyst (first line and second line support) with a full UK driving licence is required for a 6 month contract in the Yateley / Farnborough area. Negotiable salary (dependent on experience and qualifications) working Mon – Fri days.
Salary & Benefits:
- Negotiable salary (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- 25 days holiday + Bank Hols
Primary Purpose of Job: To support all users with the use of their IT and business solutions. The users requests are provided and need to managed using the Helpdesk solution in place.
Secondary: IT Project support and assistance.
The successful IT Helpdesk / Hardware Software Support Technician day to day duties will include:
- Monitor Helpdesk system for tickets assigned to the queue and process based on first in and first out and priority
- Accept technical support calls and provide guidance to end users on how to log them correctly on the Help Desk system
- Provide 1st and 2nd Level support to support requests.
- Trouble shoot and resolve end user hardware, operating system and software related problems via the Help Desk system
- Document internal procedures when required
- Assist with the introduction of new users
- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software
- Maintain inventory of all equipment , software and software licences
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required
- Support the UK IT Manager with IT projects as and when they arise
- Some site visits may be required around the UK to support users.
- Assist in the training of users in the solutions available.
To be suitable for this IT Helpdesk / Hardware Software Support Technician role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Previous IT Helpdesk experience is essential
- Must be customer service focused
- Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with all internal departments
- Must be able to operate in a fast paced environment
- Excellent telephone manner, organisational and communication skills
- Maths and English GCSE grade A* – C.
- To be fully competent with MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook
- Full UK driving licence as the role will require willingness and flexibility to travel within the UK
The ideal IT Helpdesk / Hardware Software Support Technician will have the following experience / characteristics:
- Steady under pressure with the ability to multi task
- Ability to meet deadlines and targets as the role is results driven
- Able to travel as the role will include UK travel to other sites with a requirement for overnight stays.
Key words: IT Support, Helpdesk, ICT Help Desk Analyst, First Line Support, Second Line Support, IT Technician, IT Support Engineer, Hardware, Software, Network, Computer Maintenance, IT Support Analyst, Customer Service, Yateley, Farnborough, Hampshire, Full UK Driving Licence, Travel, UK
The successful IT Helpdesk / ICT Support Analyst need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will have the required experience, be punctual, organised, able to multi-task and willing to travel.
To apply please click on the apply now button to apply for this role.