https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Exciting opportunity for a UK IT Manager with a proven track record of managing an IT team required to join a global company on a permanent basis. The Successful candidate will be predominately based at H/O in Yateley / Farnborough, Hampshire area but will be required to travel to other sites throughout the UK. Salary is negotiable (dependent on experience and qualifications) + excellent benefits package (see below). This is a fantastic opportunity, with training, security and long term career prospects.
Salary & Benefits:
- Negotiable salary (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- 25 days holiday + Bank Hols
- Car Allowance / Company Car
- Company pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company perks package
Primary Purpose of Job: Reporting to the MD, the UK IT Manager will manage the UK IT team and will be responsible for information technology including hardware, software and networks across the UK.
The successful UK IT Manager main accountabilities will include:
- Design and Implements short- and long-term information technology (IT) solutions that meet the needs of the internal organization.
- Installs, configures, administers, upgrades and maintains security for IT hardware, software and network Infrastructure.
- Focuses and orientates on technology needed internally for running the organization’s business (internal focus)
- Management of:
- The IT Resources (Internal and External)
- Supplier Contract Management
- Budget Management
- Asset Management
- Infrastructure Management
- Customer Web Portal Hosting
- Software Development
- Site and Network Security
- IT Helpdesk to ensure appropriate skilled resource are available
- Ensure internal & external customers are receiving the highest level of support
- Escalation point for both customers and IT helpdesk staff should an issue require escalating and manage their expectations.
- Development of IT tools such as ERP systems, Web Portals and engineering software used to manage data and calibration processes in the UK.
- HR, Finance & HSE Systems Support
- All UK Location LAN & WAN Facilities
- MFD Management
- Monthly Business Unit reporting
- Continuous improvement in efficiency, reliability and performance of IT services to users across the UK region
- Primary project manager for all UK IT service projects.
To be suitable for this UK IT Manager role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Proven experience of leading an IT team.
- Ability to communicate at all levels (Customers, Staff and UK Management team)
- Ability to lead, drive and embed revised and new processes, procedures and best practices
- Ability to work professionally and constructively within a team environment providing advice and consultancy
- Detailed level of understanding of data protection and UK’s Data Protection regulations
- Up to date knowledge of current threats and vulnerabilities facing the modern business today with the ability to learn and keep abreast of emerging threats
- Excellent analysis, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate good business acumen, excellent business communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Able to demonstrate experience of project management
- Experience of working within Customer focused environment
- IT skills (Network Infrastructure, Server Virtualisation, Microsoft Server and User OS Implementations/Management/Support, Database management, back-up Solutions, hardware architecture, Office 365 Management)
- Incident Management
- Experience of implementing and managing GDPR compliance for a SM company in the UK.
- Drive to change and constantly improve and grow
- Adaptability and flexibility to work efficiently
- Customer & Staff Training
- KPI Reporting
- Budget Management
- Full UK driving licence as the role will require willingness and flexibility to travel within the UK
Key words: IT Manager, Managing, IT Director, Head of I.T., Budget Management, Asset Management, Helpdesk, ICT Help Desk, First Line Support, Second Line Support, Third Line Support, IT Engineer, Hardware, Software, Network, Computer Maintenance, Customer Service, Yateley, Farnborough, Hampshire, Travel, UK
The successful IT Manager will need to be flexible as there is likely to be a requirement to work additional hours as and when the business requires and other duties not mentioned in this job description (where necessary training will be given). You will have the relevant experience, industry qualifications, be self-motivated, organised, able to communicate at all levels, adaptable and a team player.
If you are interested in IT Manager role and have the required experience please click the apply now button