The Junior Cost Engineer will support the Lead Cost Engineer for all project cost control, cost monitoring and cost reporting activities on nominated projects.
The Junior Cost Engineer will also perform cost management activities on nominated contracts (as directed by Lead Cost Engineer) for 80% of their time and will own all artefacts (e.g. Project Cost Control Tool (PCCT), Cost Reports etc on behalf of the Lead Cost Engineer/ Project Manager, working closely with the project team to accurately reported progress and costs. Critically, the Junior Cost Engineer will ensure that forecasts datas/costs/resources reflect realistic delivery are within budget.
In addition, the Junior Cost Engineer will support the function/ all projects in producing routine weekly/ monthly cost reports and support the wider project controls teams (planners and cost engineers) in general project controls support tasks for c. 15% of the time.
The 5% balance of the Junior Cost Engineer’s time will cover attending Project Control Forums and supporting the Lead Cost Engineer in improvement measures
- Demonstrate 2-5 years experience primarily in cost engineering and with some exposure to planning as well
- Some exposure/ experience using Primavera P6 software
- Familiar with Earned Value Analysis (EVA)
- Familiar with project management principles and processes
- Minimum HNC/HND in engineering/ business/ relevant subject
- Good data manipulation skills, particularly within MS Excel
- Varied IT skills & experience (Microsoft, Outlook, P6, MSP, numerical, analytical and organisational skills
- Good spoken and written English
- Qualified to graduate level in an engineering or similar based degree (desirable)
- 2-5 years’ experience in project delivery (preferably Nuclear Industry but also Rail, Highways, Power, Oil & Gas, Pharmaceuticals)
If the Junior Cost Engineer role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!