gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
A leading supplier in the field of nutrition is now looking for a Lab Coordinator to join their established team due to continued growth. This position is based in the Quality Department at their major regional manufacturing facility near Peterborough. The Quality Department is going through an exciting journey of taking Quality System to the next level. This Laboratory is a vital part of the site and business and the company is looking forward to welcoming the new team member they beleive can help them move things forward.
- Maintaining contact with external laboratories, arranging external tests and maintaining the logbook.
- Review and maintain internal Laboratory Management System with all required standards and procedures in place.
- Coordinating all internal testing workload, conducting tests according to established methods and reporting to internal customers. Adapting and developing new methods when required.
- Ensuring laboratory equipment is at good working condition, calibration and verification checks are performed. Arranging servicing, repairs, replacement or new equipment if necessary. Maintaining contact with equipment and service providers.
- Purchase and manage laboratory consumables stocks in a resourceful manner.
- Regular review of existing methods. Performing or arranging verification tests. Training other quality team members in conducting tests safely.
- Working with Site Manager to ensure that all necessary risk assessments are in place. Maintaining MSDS or COSH documents for laboratory chemicals.
- Degree in Food, Agriculture, Science or similar area.
- Safety in the Lab awareness.
- Experience of work in laboratory environment.
- Experience at work with laboratory management system.
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Teamwork attitude.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive rapport with colleagues.
- Ability to communicate in a clear manner.
- Collecting, analyzing and reporting data skills.
- Ability to read scientific literature and apply the knowledge in the lab.
- Ability to challenge existing processes.
- Concern for maintaining standards
- Experience in working with ICP would be a benefit.
- Experience in biochemical and microbiological testing.
- HACCP – Level 3
- Food Safety – Level 3
The role is working Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm and the starting salary will be £24,000 – £26,000 plus compnay benefits.
To apply please click through the “Apply Now” link.