http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are currently recruiting for a Lab Coordinator based in Peterborough. The role may also suit a Science Graduate or someone has gone on to gain post Degree experince in Biochemical or Microbiological testing who would be interested in developing into a Lab Coordinator position.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5PM and the position offers 20 days annual holidays with 1 extra day awarded per year of service up to a maximum of 5 additional days.
- Maintaining contact with external laboratories, arranging external tests and maintaining the logbook.
- Review and maintain internal Laboratory Management System with all required standards and procedures in place.
- Coordinating all internal testing workload, conducting tests according to established methods and reporting to internal customers. Adapting and developing new methods when required.
- Ensuring laboratory equipment is at good working condition, calibration and verification checks are performed. Arranging servicing, repairs, replacement or new equipment if necessary. Maintaining contact with equipment and service providers.
- Purchase and manage laboratory consumables stocks in a resourceful manner.
- Regular review of existing methods. Performing or arranging verification tests. Training other quality team members in conducting tests safely.
- Working with Site Manager to ensure that all necessary risk assessments are in place. Maintaining MSDS or COSH documents for laboratory chemicals.
- Science based Degree.
- Safety in the Lab awareness.
- Experience of work in laboratory environment.
- Experience at work with laboratory management system.
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive rapport with colleagues.
- Ability to communicate in a clear manner.
- Collecting, analyzing and reporting data skills.
- Ability to read scientific literature and apply the knowledge in the lab.
- Ability to challenge existing processes.
- Concern for maintaining standards.
- Experience in working with ICP would be a huge benefit.
- Experience in biochemical and microbiological testing.
- HACCP – Level 3
- Food Safety – Level 3
If yor feel you would be suitable for this position and are inteested in applying then please click “apply now”!