https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are currently looking to recruit a Lead Engineer (Architecture & Software) for one of our clients based in Skelmersdale. This is a permanent position paying a salary of £45,000 – £50,000 pa.
As the Lead Engineer (Architecture & Software) you will lead teams, activities and projects to design, develop and maintain whole vehicle electronic control architectures and associated software applications. Ensuring reliable and safe compliance in global markets and adoption of, or compatibility with relevant emerging systems and technologies to meet or exceed customer expectations.
As the Lead Engineer (Architecture & Software) you will be responsible for:
- Lead and undertake the design, development, validation and on-time delivery of control architectures and software for new and existing products and systems throughout product and application lifecycles
- Lead teams of on-shore and off-shore engineers and design partners on one or more projects to define, deliver and verify design requirements with sign-off through DFMEA, design review and supplier approval processes
- Provide technical expertise and strategic thinking to lead the innovative development of architectures, distributed control systems and software, including supporting systems and diagnostic tools. Ensuring value-add functions and features and cost effective delivery
- Ensure software management, development and revision control processes provide traceability and controlled access to vehicle software applications and documentation through effective Application Lifecycle Management (ALM
- Undertake end-to-end software engineering through a v-model approach, taking lead responsibility on projects or changes from concept through to engineering sign-off and release.
- Lead internal or external software development in model-based development environments and verify through simulation, Hardware-In-Loop and full system or vehicle tests
- Interface directly with internal and external customers on technical issues and requirements capture. Ensuring high customer satisfaction through safe, reliable and well supported implementations
- Prepare and present technical documentation and papers, generating designs and documents to the relevant quality and safety standards
- Lead the definition of and compliance with relevant business and international standards, best practice and legislation
- Contribute to a strategy to develop and maintain intuitive diagnostics and telematics systems to provide enhanced service and operational capabilities
- Arrange and co-ordinate activities with internal and external partners or suppliers to achieve quality, cost and delivery targets for each project.
As the Lead Engineer (Architecture & Software) you will have:
- Engineering Degree or equivalent experience in relevant discipline
- Successfully lead software development teams/project
- Detailed understanding of vehicle electrical systems and control
- Knowledge of communication protocols and tools, e.g. CAN, LIN, IP
- Experience of software quality and management processes.
- Demonstrable planning and delivery of concurrent tasks and projects.
- Ability to work in a structured engineering process oriented environment.
- Proven problem solving skills.
As the Lead Engineer (Architecture & Software) you will ideally have:
- Experience of Vector, dSPACE, Polarion and Teamcenter tools or similar.
- Experience of v-model development processes.
- Experience of model based or PLC software development.
If you would like to apply for the position of Lead Engineer (Architecture & Software) please click “Apply now”