http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Logistics Operations Manager required for a permanent position to manage a small logistics department with additional operational duties for multi-national company in South Manchester area. Salary is negotiable (dependent on experience and qualification) the successful candidate will be working circa 39 hrs, M-F days.
Applicants must have recent experience in an Operational Logistics role and will ideally have relevant logistics / transportation qualifications and an understanding of lean techniques. The client may consider a Logistics Co-ordinator or Assistant Operations Manager looking to step up.
Salary & Benefits:
- Negotiable salary (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- 25 days holiday + Bank/Hols
- Company Pension
- Life Assurance
Purpose of Job: Reporting to the Branch Manager, the role is to manage the logistics team to ensure that they deliver a first class service in a profitable manner, ensuring that KPI’s are met and key objectives are reached and maintained.
Ensure the smooth every day running of the Manchester & satellite logistics team in support of the UK business logistic requirements. As part of the role there will be a drive in reviewing current systems and procedures, making recommendations and implementing changes.
The successful Logistics Operations Manager key day to day duties will include:
- Controlling operational and direct transportation costs; for example: leasing, route planning, couriers etc.
- Exploit opportunities to deliver bottom line impact and business improvement
- As part of the management team control overheads in your area of responsibility to maximise operating profit
- Work with the Branch Manager to deliver industry leading service performance in your areas of responsibility
- Ensure the logistics team deliver an excellent service to internal and external customers.
- Ensure customer delivery SLA’s are achieved and maintained.
- Implement a driver awareness strategy for the company to ensure all of the logistics drivers are compliant with legislation and company policies
To be suitable for this Stock Control / Logistics Operations Manager role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Recent experience in an operational logistics role.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships internally within the management team.
- Experienced line manager with performance management expertise.
- Change management – proven experience in implementing & driving change to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Ability to mentor and coach junior employees.
- Team player; maintain effective working relationships at all levels within the branch and with the other UK branches.
- Excellent people management skills, with the ability to influence and motivate people.
- Proactive approach towards key decisions for the business in line with UK strategy.
- Proficient in Excel, Power Point and Word and internal software systems.
The ideal Logistics Operations Manager role will have the following skills / experience:
- Relevant transport or logistics qualification such as NVQ/BTEC Level 3 or above
- Previously worked in the Manufacturing, Engineering, Production or Calibration sectors
- Knowledge of lean techniques such as six sigma, Kaizen, continuous improvement etc.
Key words: Logistics, Operations, Manager, Supervisor, Goods In / Out, Supply Chain, Stock Control, Asset Management, Stock Management, Distribution, Transport, Engineering, Manufacturing, Production, Calibration, Aerospace, Automotive, Manchester, Stockport, Ashton under Lyne, Greater Manchester, Cheshire
The successful Logistics Operations Manager will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. With experience of recently working in Logisitics / Operations role, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications and experience, be analytical, organised, efficient, an excellent communicator and team player.
If you are interested in role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.