GPW are recruiting for a Logistics Project Lead on behalf our client, who are a global market leader in their field, on a 6 Month fixed term contract basis in Derby. Salary is negotiable (dependent on experience and qualifications) The Logistics Project Lead will be working circa 37 – 40 hours (Mon – Fri Days) + occasional O/T.
You will be offered a highly competitive salary, 25 days annual leave ( pro rata) plus bank holidays, pension scheme, life assurance, Perks Hub, wellbeing and EAP online hubs.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our team as a Logistics Project Lead, you will establish all UK/ Worldwide Import and Export procedures and processes for the UK. In addition, you will develop the clients UK import/export protocols and wider logistics requirements. On a daily basis, this will involve:
- Develop company policies, procedures and documentation relating to import and export customs legislation.
- Liaise with company sites and clients to develop bespoke solutions, based on circumstances and where necessary, contractual requirements.
- Introduce planning tools for coordinating international shipments, tracking of goods.
- Identify suppliers for international haulage, freight and couriers and negotiate rates. Work with QA to expedite supplier approvals where necessary.
- Develop UK wide training and understanding of Customs and Import/Export procedures in order to undertake transactions at all sites. Deliver remote and/or site-based training to relevant stakeholders.
- Plan and provide bespoke training presentations in order to maintain competence.
- Advise and support UK Finance Team in ensuring due diligence for HMRC compliance.
- Create and support development of relationships between freight providers and company stakeholders.
- With stakeholders, create forecast of prospective international shipments, ensure cost effective freight plan.
- Co-ordinate client update for international work.
Our ideal Logistics Project Lead:
- Essential – Extensive knowledge of Customs, Imports, Exports, HMRC compliance, and all associated documentation and regulations.
- Essential – Extensive knowledge and understanding of new Brexit procedures including NI/ROI protocols.
- Experience within a freight forwarding, logistics or customs coordination position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to tutor, mentor administrative staff.
- Current Driver’s license. Role will require extensive travel throughout UK for which a car or car allowance will be provided.
The successful Logistics Project Lead will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description, where the required training will be provided. With experience of working in a manufacturing environment, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you would like to apply for this role, please click apply on this advert.
Due to the demand for this type of role, we may not be able to speak to all candidates so please accept our apologies if this is the case.
You will be contacted within two working days if your application has proceeded to the next stage.