https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
GPW Recruitment are looking for a Logistics Team Operative / Multi- Drop Driver/ Stores Coordinator on behalf of our client, who will support stores operations / collect and deliver customer assets to various locations in a timely and professional manner as and when required and possess strong administration skills and a full UK driving licence (ideally clean) needed for a temp to perm role working around the Derbyshire/ Midlands area. The salary is circa £17,000 (dependent on experience). The basic working is working circa 37 – 40 hours (Mon – Fri Days with some possible O/T) and is highly likely to lead to permanent role if the candidate performs well in the role, support stores operations / collect and delivery customer assets to various locations in a timely and professional manner as and when required.
The successful Logistics Team Operative / Multi- Drop Driver/ Stores Coordinator day to day duties will include:
- To provide a collection and delivery service between branches and also to different customer locations as determined by the needs of the business
- To be responsible for the maintenance and security of the vehicle provided, including refuelling, cleanliness and the recording and reporting of maintenance needs.
- Provide a professional service when interacting with customer both internal and external
- To keep a full and comprehensive log of all van activities and fuel consumption.
- To drive the van in a safe and responsible manner.
- Undertake other reasonable tasks as required, in line with the needs of the business
- Carry out inspection of goods received – checking for damage to, quantity of and quality of items received.
- Be prepared to undertake any internal / external training as required.
- To be as flexible as possible with working hours at times of heavy workload.
- Assist with checking in/out of goods on a daily basis.
- Undertake stores related administration/tasks as and when required.
To be suitable for this Logistics Team Operative / Multi- Drop Driver/ Stores Coordinator role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Strong administration skills
- Familiarity with all logistics practices and handling methods.
- Previous delivery experience
- Must be PC literate in MS Word, Excel, familiar with database management and report generation.
- Must have good organisational, interpersonal and communication skills to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients.
- Be punctual, well presented and drive the vehicle in a safe manner.
- Logical approach to problem solving, be self-confident and be able to work well within a team.
- Be able to work with the minimum of supervision
- Full UK driving licence for 2 years, ideally clean with experience of multi-drop van driving
To be more suitable for this Stores Coordinator / Logistics Operative / Driver role it would be more advantageous if you have the following skills / experience:
- Previously experience of being employed in a logistics role for an engineering / industrial client.
- Completed a relevant engineering apprenticeship or relevant qualifications in engineering discipline.
- Experience of working for an engineering / manufacturing company.
- Good knowledge of mechanical and or electrical measuring equipment.
The successful Logistics Team Operative / Multi- Drop Driver/ Stores Coordinator will need to be flexible as you may be required to work at other sites and there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
To apply please click on the apply now button if you meet the key requirements of Logistics Team Operative / Multi- Drop Driver/ Stores Coordinator. You will be notified within 2-4 working days if you’ve made the shortlist for an interview.