https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Experienced Maintenance and Engineering Manager required in Runcorn. This is a demanding yet rewarding role where you will add value, drive improvements from a performance, quality and cost perspective. You will be joining an experienced technical and maintenance team and will take responsibility for asset management, asset efficiency and maintenance and people development.
- Respect and drive safety rules to engineering teams – ensure compliance.
- Execute business plan objectives and engineering strategy.
- Directly responsible for providing technical support through engineering teams.
- Organise projects, monitor progress, assess, and manage risks.
- Manage complete project process for moderate size/complexity.
- Develop relationships with internal customers and Support Functions.
- Be a site LEAN champion – continually act upon improvement opportunities.
- Lead by example and demonstrate effective and positive leadership skills.
- Enforce HSE rules as TOP priority.
- Ensure effective management of engineering / maintenance practices
- Integrate engineering practices and projects that support Business strategy
- Continually propose and define new projects.
- Recommend product / process investment and manage CAPEX process.
- Contribute to the development of new products (manufacturability, feasibility).
- Organise the necessary resources to ensure the realisation of project plans.
- Optimise and monitor performance and efficiency.
- Manage processes in accordance to LEAN principles.
- Represent Manufacturing Engineering function within the SIM process.
- Develop and implement a robust TPM process through MMS
- Actively involve Operators to deploy TPM activities – define levels of activity.
- Manage maintenance and technician teams in accordance with production
- Requirements – set priorities and communicate.
- Deliver on key KPI’s and introduce efficiency improvements
- Manage stakeholder expectations with the ability to influence change
- Responsible for employee training and competence levels
- Assist R&D to introduce and develop new products, processes and equipment.
- Utilise problem-solving techniques to aid improvement.
- HNC,HND or Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Experience in a Management Leadership role-would consider less for a talented/dynamic individual.
- Experience in budgeting and cost control
- Demonstrable experience in project management and delivery
- Experienced in Lean methodology and Lean techniques
- MMS knowledge desirable
- Strong problem solving skills
On offer is a comprehensive list of benefits and a salary commensurate with experience.
To apply for the role of Maintenance and Engineering Manager please click apply now.