We are recruiting a Maintenance Assistant / Manufacturing Operative for a large manufacturing company based in Blackburn.
Purpose of the Role:
To support the Facilities Manager to ensure that all company facilities are in excellent and safe condition with the highest possible standards of cleanliness for use by staff and visitors. The succesful candidate will assist the maintenance department aswell as helping out with other duties including:
- General workshop cleaning/housekeeping as required.
- Basic machinery maintenance
- Monitoring stock levels of consumable items such as grit etc. and arrange to replenish supplies in accordance with procedures.
- First line maintenance of fixtures and fittings, examples: Changing/cleaning light fittings, removing/relocating production/office spaces as required, minor repairs internal or external etc.
- To ensure that gullies, drains etc. are kept free from debris and that the site and grounds are litter free.
- To be responsible for ensuring clear and safe pedestrian routes particularly in adverse weather conditions (e.g. clearing, gritting etc.)
- To keep the skip/waste collection area in tidy condition and assist with skip delivery/collection.
- To complete routine grading and replenishment of ceramic media within production areas.
- To assist with any deliveries into the factory as required.
- To assist with any general painting/decorating/maintenance internally or externally.
Ideally you will have aexperince in a similar role.
You will also be ok to perform manual work inside and outside and occasional heavy lifting may be required.
An FLT licence would be an advantage but is not essential as training can be provided.
The job holder must be able to display practical experience, be honest, courteous, organised, self-motivated, dependable and flexible with a strong work ethic.
In return you will receive a salary of £22,000 – £25,000 per annum plus company bonus (up to 15% per annum) and comoany pension scheme.
You will also qualify for the company’s benefits package after a succesful probationary period.
If you are interested in the position and have experince in a similar role then please “Apply Now”.