https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
In the role as a multi skilled maintenance engineer you will:
- Work to the company EHS control standards
- Ensure equipment uptime through preventative maintenance and process improvement
- Identify and troubleshoot processes and equipment problems to minimise down time
- Install and validate equipment and processes in the production area
- Identify process improvements to improve yield and/or reduce cycle time
- Work closely with the production team to support improvements which will promote productivity
- Produce and maintain all required documentation applicable to the role
- Assist with hands on training of production operatives on new equipment
- Promote and support World Class Manufacturing activities on site.
This position will work on a day shift but will, at times, need to be available for call out as the site operates a two set production shift and the furnaces operate 24/7.
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
For the a multi skilled maintenance engineer specifically it is important that you have:-
- Engineering apprenticeship in electrical maintenance NVQ level 3/4 or equivalent
- IET Wiring Regulations 17th Edition
- High standard of electrical knowledge with some basic mechanical knowledge in a manufacturing environment
- Electrically your experience must include three phase, inverters, control panels, sensors, working on electro-mechanical equipment, fault finding on PLC’s and distributed control systems.
- Mechanically you must have first-hand experience of working with hydraulics, pneumatic, pumps and valve systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, and be computer literate
- Ability to work well as part of a team, as well as utilising your individual initiative
- Experience of preventative maintenance and routine maintenance and inspection
- Experience of high temperature furnaces and control would be advantageous
- Knowledge of PUWER regulations would be advantageous.