https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias) required immediately for a temporary position (3 shift pattern M-F 6-2, 2-10, 10-6) in Ellesmere Port, Cheshire. Rate is £15.00 – £18.00/hr (dependent on experience and qualifications). There is a possibilty the position may develop into a long term contract. Applications also welcomed from semi-retired Electrically biased Engineers looking to supplement income with adhoc work throughout the year.
Job Objective: To work as part of a multi-disciplined shift team to maintain the assets within the site, both primary production and site services. To optimise the utilisation of the equipment and to deliver maximum volume at the right quality. Working closely with the Managers/ Key Ops, to provide a quick and effective response to line breakdowns. To carry out preventative and predictive maintenance tasks required to deliver reliable and predictable performance. To support projects, new installations and continuous improvement initiatives.
The successful Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias) / Maintenance Electrician day to day duties will include:
- Responsible for the maintenance & repair of the plant, machinery, and associated equipment using the current processes and systems to achieve and exceed performance targets.
- Liaise with production Team Leaders regarding machine priority.
- Ensure all H&S procedures are followed, respect environmental procedure and permit system
- Review CMMS and rest of indicators under his responsibility on a daily basis
- Engage in SPS/SMS program to improve and sustain good practices in his area.
- Carry out corrective & PPM maintenance actions and co-ordinate with electrical engineering team
To be suitable for this Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias) / Maintenance Electrician role you must have the following experience and skills:
- Completed engineering apprenticeship
- Candidates should ideally have 3-5 years maintenance experience outside apprenticeship.
- Educated to Electrical ONC level or with equivalent experience and mechanical cross skills
- C&G 17th Edition qualified, PLC fault finding skills.
- Good understanding of packaging manufacturing machine’s and associated equipment
- Continuous improvement knowledge and experience
- A self-motivated individual with an organised approach and good communication skills
- Ideal candidates will have excellent problem solving skills, a logical thought process and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Familiar with preventative maintenance systems.
- Computer literate when using Microsoft packages and experience of CMMS packages.
- A proactive and flexible approach with a positive work ethic.
To be more suitable for this Electrical Engineer / Maintenance Electrician role you will have the following experience / qualifications:
- Experience of working in the paper, cardboard or packaging industry.
- Qualified to HNC / HND level in relevant discipline (Electrical / Maintenance Bias)
- 2 or more years’ experience in a trouble shooting role.
Key Words: PM, Planned Maintenance, BRC, PPM, Electrical Engineer, Maintenance Electrician, PLC’s, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Mechanical, CMMS, Continuous Improvement, Production Engineer, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
The successful Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias) will need to be flexible as there will be a requirement to cover for weekends / on call, work additional hours as and when the business requires and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will also have the relevant qualifications and experience, be self-motivated / pro-active, able to work under pressure, well organised, analytical, logical, able to communicate at all levels, work alone and also as part of a team.
If you are interested in Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias) role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.