http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
An exciting opportunity has come up for a Maintenance Technician in the Stockport area, working for a leading manufacturing business.
The purpose of this role is to contribute to the achievement of the overall business success by providing engineering support to production teams across the operations you have responsibility for. You are responsible for the maintenance and repair of production and site service assets. (This will take place on any shift required by the business typically working 5 days out of the 7 (Although this may flex dependant on business needs). Bank Holidays are inclusive of normal working.)
What is needed to be successful in this role?
* Demonstrate a flexible, hands-on results orientated approach.
* Passion to strive for high performance.
* Knowledge and use of lean methods & tools.
* Determination and a will to succeed.
* Excellent people skills and the ability to influence effectively.
* Strong analytical and decision making capability.
* Capable of implementing change.
* Carry out PPM and breakdown repair effectively.
* Must be technically proficient with strong electrical and mechanical skills.
* Continuous improvement and root cause analysis skills.
* Ability to interpret documentation in English Language.
* Experience in food FMCG or equivalent process industry.
* H&S qualification.
* Strong IT skills.
As the Maintenance Technician, you duties will include:
* Understand how the numerous machines work that are involved in the processing and packaging operations at plant operations to have an active interest in the maintenance and repair of such items.
* To carry out departmental duties as instructed by the Engineering Maintenance Manager with in the time scales agreed.
* To maintain all equipment at the plant and the Packaging Centre as required to acceptable standards as determined by the Company.
* To keep maintenance and quality records as required, using paper and computerised systems as specified by the Company.
* Fault diagnosis on automated systems using laptop PC and PLC’s to resolve faults and control issues.
* Provide electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and process maintenance cover on a day to day basis on all production and site assets as indicated by the Maintenance Manager.
* To maintain the immediate work area, workshops, and engineering service areas to a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness and ensure that all engineering equipment is removed from production areas as soon as a job is completed.
* Promote high standards of workmanship.
* To work as part of the Engineering Team with respect to Engineering maintenance, repair, and continuous Improvement. Liaise with any other area of the business as required, such as production.
* Work with the other shift technicians in developing & improving plant asset reliability and efficiency.
* Exercise control over the standard of repairs and maintenance. Ensure spare parts used are highlighted, so stocks can be replenished. Proactively work to avoid unnecessary downtime, including repairs/changes prior to breakdowns. Participate in planned maintenance schedules.
* Make an active contribution to any meeting, whether it be a daily reporting meeting relating to the previous day’s activities, or one to do with upcoming changes. Strive continuously to improve the standard of the plant to reach world class standards.
* To become conversant in and operate within the constraints of the quality system. Ensure that required records are completed in line with the requirements of the system. Have an appreciation of Quality issues when dealing with the processing and packaging of products.
* Initiate improved working practices deemed in the interest of enhancing the business and have any agreed changes authorised through either the Controlled Document, Operating Procedure, or Work Instruction documentation.
* Challenge and empower operators to ensure asset standards are maintained.
* Properly record all parts used for maintenance and repair, booking out against line / equipment.
* Order spare parts from suppliers as and when required.
* To identify and carry out Continuous Improvement (CI) activities in conjunction with line production colleagues, and create T-Cards to cover these.
* Carry out line changeover activities in conjunction with production colleagues, including contribution to SMED programmes and other lean activities.
* To contribute to, and where appropriate own, line improvement/replacement projects.
* Self-training to maintain skill and knowledge base, sharing knowledge with colleagues.
If you are interested in this role, please apply now.