https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
My client, a successful leader in textile manufacturing currently require an experienced Electrical Maintenance Engineer to work on a permanent basis from their Wigan site.
With 3 sites in the North West and facilities in USA, UK, Europe and Asia, my clients products are used in military service, space and extreme environment exploration, hotels and restaurants and many commercial and public premises. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing organisation.
Shift Pattern: Continental 4 on 4 off – 2 x 12 hr days & 2 x 12hr nights ( X7 ) 18-day breaks fixed
Salary: £38,000 – £48,000 p/a
Company Pension plan
Long service awards
Death in service
31 days holiday
On site subsidised canteen
* Maintain and install all electrical plant & machinery in line with company requirements React quickly, diagnose & repair any mechanical related problems on the plant or equipment.
* Carry out our planned preventative maintenance schedule on the full range of equipment within the site.
* Ensure that all plant and machinery is kept in a good, safe working & clean condition.
* Interrogate PLC equipment such as Allen Bradley & Siemens.
* Complete all relevant paperwork associated with the task being performed in a timely and accurate manner.
* Report any problems regarding equipment and machinery immediately to the Engineering Team Leader.
* Ensure that you are aware of the Company Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures and that you always adhere to them.
* Promote Lean thinking and actively look for ways to improve efficiency.
* Complete Maintenance work orders, use of a CMMS system, Agility or simi
* Knowledge and experience of fault finding and repairs to industrial controls & systems
* Knowledge of PLC programmes and fault finding
* Experience working with Allen Bradley & Siemens
* Knowledgeable with VSD (variable speed drives)
* Able to read schematic drawings
* Analytical and problem-solving skills
* Some multi skilling would be advantageous
* Use of Microsoft office tools
* Time served indentured apprenticeship or equivalent
* 16th/17th/18th IET wiring regulations
* Relevant qualifications in electrical discipline
* Proven manufacturing maintenance environment
The successful candidate will be a team player who is highly motivated and keen to succeed. Always aiming to produce a quality product, adhere to health & safety policies at all times and have previous experience of working in a busy manufacturing environment.
You will also have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in the role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button