http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced multi skilled (electrical bias) Maintenance Engineer to join a manufacturing plant, based in St Helens. This exciting days based role, which will see you working as part of a small maintenance team responsible for ensuring production cells achieve their deliverables through effective technical support with a strong focus on continuous improvement activities.
The Maintenance Engineer team provides a highly diversified service incorporating the installation, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of production and facility equipment. They are hard-working, result-focused and passionate about what they do.
What will I be doing in the role?
In the role as a Maintenance Engineer you will:
- Work to the company EHS control standards
- Ensure equipment uptime through preventative maintenance and process improvement
- Identify and troubleshoot processes and equipment problems to minimise down time
- Install and validate equipment and processes in the production area
- Identify process improvements to improve yield and/or reduce cycle time
- Work closely with the production team to support improvements which will promote productivity
- Produce and maintain all required documentation applicable to the role
- Assist with hands on training of production operatives on new equipment
- Promote and support World Class Manufacturing activities on site.
- This position will work on a day shift but will, at times, need to be available for call out as the site operates a two set production shift and the furnaces operate 24/7.
What skillset will I need?
For the maintenance engineer specifically it is important that you have:-
- Engineering apprenticeship in electrical maintenance NVQ level 3/4 or equivalent
- IET Wiring Regulations 17th Edition
- High standard of electrical knowledge with some basic mechanical knowledge in a manufacturing environment
- Electrically your experience must include three phase, inverters, control panels, sensors, working on electro-mechanical equipment, fault finding on PLC’s and distributed control systems.
- Mechanically you must have first-hand experience of working with hydraulics, pneumatic, pumps and valve systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, and be computer literate
- Ability to work well as part of a team, as well as utilising your individual initiative
- Experience of preventative maintenance and routine maintenance and inspection
- Experience of high temperature furnaces and control would be advantageous
- Knowledge of PUWER regulations would be advantageous.
What will I get in return?
Our client are able to offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package. In addition, you will have access to a career without boundaries – this could see you progressing within the company. Progression isn’t always upwards; talented employees also move into new and exciting functions or indeed overseas. The one thing you can be sure of is that you can have an exciting and varied career, where only you set the boundaries to your success.
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more, please click the apply button below.