http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Maintenance Engineer (Team Leader)
- Are you an experienced Maintenance Engineer, with team leader experience looking for job security? My client is looking for a Maintenance Engineer to join their expanding team in the Blackburn area. The company is in need of new staff due to the increase in work load.
- We are currently seeking a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer with team leader experience. Duties will include Planned, Preventive and Corrective Maintenance, Continuous Improvement Initiatives and Project Work.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Liaise with Operations and other associated departments to maintain awareness of the company’s engineering needs and respond appropriately with suitable tactical solutions.
- Analyse PPM and performance against priority activities to support the achievement of departmental KPIs
- Contribute to the development of departmental strategies to establish value added partnerships with associated departments, suppliers and customers.
- Lead and support projects with company-wide departments to understand and analyse business problems to identify and implement quality engineering business solutions.
- Effectively coordinate the Engineering Maintenance Team by providing, work instructions, schedules and guidance to team members through engineering expertise.
- Conduct departmental reviews to communicate performance to line manager for self and direct reports.
- Proactively seek out and facilitate the implementation of value adding, cost reducing and Health and Safety improvements and solutions.
- Ensures company-wide engineering maintenance and repairs to high quality and timely.
- Support the achievement of departmental KPIs by utilising engineering expertise.
- Ensure maintenance and general housekeeping is systematically conducted to company and industry standards within the Production Engineering Department.
- Conduct engineering work within company guidelines, Puwer, Loler and other Health and Safety policies and industry regulations and ensure departmental compliance.
- Contribute to departmental recruitment, selection, training and development processes in line with company and departmental strategy.
- Communicate significant threats to business, team or personal performance to the Company Directors in a timely and effective manner.
- Identify and document engineering solutions based on expertise, FMEAs (current cost wastage) and company needs and propose for Senior Management review.
- Ensure machinery, plant, electrical and mechanical infrastructure is of the required standard to conduct processes effectively, efficiently and safely.
- Support the Operations & Innovations Directors via cost effective use of the Production Engineering budget and ensure compliance by executing and promoting effective and efficient practices within the department.
- Champion company Health and Safety and contribute to the creation of policies etc., follow industry regulations and promote appropriate practices within the department.
- Champion all aspects of quality throughout the department, Engineering Maintenance services, machinery,
- Infrastructure etc. to support quality assurance.
- Provide and log, ‘on-the-job’ training to develop the capabilities of the team in line with company and departmental needs to ensure effective system of delegation or responsibilities.
The company are flexible to a point with the hours but ideally would like someone to work (36 hours) 12.00 noon to 9.00pm Mon-Thurs or similar, could be over 5 days if preferred.
Candidates should be flexible, and have a willingness to work overtime, which will be a regular requirement of the role.
If you are interested in the role, please click apply in the first instance