https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Purpose of Role
This is a new and important role within the site operations team. The primary focus of the role is to improve the organisation within the Engineering services team, helping to efficiently organise all maintenance activity, alongside the Engineering Services Manager and Team leaders.
You will be responsible for improving safety and for taking the lead in planning and executing planned maintenance activity, coordinating contractors, while keeping quality and production at the forefront of the decision-making process.
You will be the first person to undertake such in role in our UK businesses. You will therefore have an opportunity to make an impact!
- Management of the maintenance system to ensure all planned preventative maintenance & work orders are coordinated and completed.
- Evaluate completed work orders / breakdown reports to identify opportunities for operational improvement.
- Liaise with Engineering team leaders & stores to ensure all items needed to complete PPM’s are available.
- Organize and liaise with arranged contractors, ensuring that all activity is carried out safely.
- Employ a continuous improvement mindset to maximise the efficiency of shutdowns to minimise operational downtime.
- Develop, drive and support improvements for planned maintenance programs to ensures all items are within regulatory compliance.
- Generate monthly reports relating to maintenance performance, activity and costs.
- Working with the stores to improve availability of consumables and critical spares.
The ideal candidate will have maintenance planning experience, a high level of organisation, and be a great communicator.
- Minimum HNC, or equivalent within a maintenance environment.
- Knowledge of both mechanical and electrical maintenance processes.
- IT literate. Knowledge of MS office is a must, use of maintenance software is advantageous.
- Ability to organise, coordinate and complete multiple tasks.
- Demonstrate ability to build and maintain good working relationships internally & externally.
- Attention to detail and forward thinking
There will be a requirement from time to time to work overtime as and when required, for which the applicable overtime rates will apply.
If you are interested in this role, please apply now.