http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Key words: C.N.C, Manual Grinder, Grinder, CNC, Grinding, Machine Setter, C N C, Machine Operator, Computer Numerical Controls, Manual Machinist, External / Internal Cylindrical Grinding, Machine Programmer, Fanuc, Studer, Manufacturing, Automotive, Aerospace, Skelmersdale.
CNC / Manual Cylindrical Grinder / Precision Machinist with experience of working to very tight tolerances required for a permanent position in the Skelmersdale area. Hourly rate is £12.50 – £14.50 dependant on experience (shift allowance 12.5% once trained).
Salary and Benefits:
- £12.50 – £14.50 (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- Shift uplift 12.5% (once trained)
- c38 hours week (Mon – Fri days, very flexible work pattern)
- 20 days holiday plus bank hols.
- Pension scheme
The successful CNC / Manual Cylindrical Grinder / Precision Machinist day to day duties will include:
- Set / operate manual cylindrical grinding machines.
- Programme, set and operate CNC grinding machines
- Ensure production issues are resolved quickly, efficiently and production KPI’s are met.
- Comply with company H&S guidelines.
To be suitable for this CNC / Manual Grinder / Precision Machinist role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Must have completed a relevant machining, toolmaker or engineering apprenticeship.
- Must have recent experience of manual cylindrical grinding to very tight tolerances
- Able to use standard manual measuring devices such as verniers, DTI’s, calipers, micrometers, plain plug, screw and ring gauges, gauge blocks and bespoke gauges/fixtures.
- Be able to work with the minimum of supervision
- Must be able to interpret Engineering drawings with a good understanding of Geometric Tolerances.
- Good communicational skills, both verbal and written.
The ideal Multi-Skilled Grinder / Precision Machinist will have the following skills / characteristics:
- Recent experience of manual and CNC cylindrical grinding to extreme tolerances
- Relevant qualifications in engineering discipline ideally equivalent to HNC or higher.
The successful Multi-Skilled Grinder / Precision Machinist / Toolmaker will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. With experience of working in a manufacturing environment, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.