http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Manufacturing / Production Assembly Team Leader required ASAP for a permanent position in Irlam / Warrington Area. Applicants must be time served / apprentice trained, ideally electrically biased (mechanically biased applicants with good electrical skills will also be considered), have proven track record of working as Supervisor / Team Leader in a manufacturing assembly environment. This is a fantastic opportunity, with excellent benefits package (see below), long term security to join a global company.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary is negotiable (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- Excellent Pension Scheme + Death in service benefit
- Holiday allowance 23 days holiday plus b/hols rising to 25 days holiday plus b/hols.
- Private health care scheme
- Company Bonus (dependent on company performance)
- Excellent O/T Rates
Job Objective: Reporting to the Production Manager, lead a small team of Technicians in the manufacture of complex automated electro-mechanical sub-assemblies.
The successful Manufacturing / Production Assembly Supervisor day to day duties will include:
- Leading a team of assembly Technicians.
- Manage and support direct and in-direct reports, identifying training needs where necessary.
- Prioritise workload, allocate and control labour to ensure production targets are met.
- Liaise with purchasing and stores with regard to timing of parts and consumables.
- Ensure H & S procedure, making sure a safe working environment for all staff, sub-contractors and visitors is adhered to.
- Analyse and implement KPI’s in order to manage and improve each departments overall performance.
- Assist Technicians with electrical and mechanical assembly of sub-assemblies and final product, conduct inspections and complete final tests taking action to rectify any faults identified
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in verbal and written communications.
To be suitable for this Manufacturing / Production Assembly Team Leader role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Completed recognised apprenticeship in electrical or mechanical discipline.
- Ability to lead a small team of technicians, work as part of a larger team and prioritise daily work requirements.
- Recent experience in the assembly automated equipment including machined components, motors, belts, bearings, cabling, PCB’s, wiring of components and control panels.
- Familiar with working within a QA system, conducting in-process inspection and end of line validation.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications and work instructions.
- Familiar with Microsoft PC based software (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Worked within an H&S management system and willing to comply with all reasonable requests.
- Committed and able to motivate team in the pursuit of daily production objectives.
- Problem solving – must be able to analyse issues logically to resolve technical issues.
- Have relevant qualifications such as C&G / NVQ L3 / ONC
- Good communicational (oral, reading and writing) skills.
- Full UK driving licence.
- PC Literate – MS Word / MS Excel
The ideal Production Assembly Team Leader will have the following skills / experience:
- HNC or higher qualification in a relevant electrical, electronic or mechanical discipline
- Recent experience as a Production Team Leader / Supervisor.
- Qualified to 17th edition of the IEE Electrical Regulations
- Knowledge of electrical controls systems / PLC’s, servo motors, pneumatic and hydraulic components
- Worked within a MRP manufacturing environment,
- Worked in a ISO 9001 QA System and KanBan vendor managed inventory
- Previous experience of assembling high value / low volume bespoke machinery.
- Mechanical assembly experience.
Key Words: Production Supervisor, Production Team Leader, Production Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Electrical, Mechanical, Electrician, Manufacture Assembly, Manufacturing, Machine Assembling, Panel Wiring, Engineering, Bespoke, Special Purpose Machinery, MRP, QA, Irlam, Warrington, Cheshire, Manchester
The Successful Manufacturing / Production Assembly Team Leader will be a team player, highly motivated, always aiming to produce a quality product, flexible as there may be overtime, willing to stay away from home occasionally and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will also have previous experience of working in a quality assembly / manufacturing environment have the relevant qualifications, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Manufacturing / Production Assembly Team Leader role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button