https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
My client is recruiting for an experienced Production Manager preferably from the Manufacture Assembly sector for a Permanent role in the Central Belt region. The ideal candidate should have relevant H&S and Lean qualifications or considerable knowledge of HSE and Lean manufacturing processes, possess excellent numerate, analytical and IT Skills, with experience of managing medium to large teams. The successful Production Manager will play a vital role in the manufacturing operation, to ensure delivery of Customer requirements, on time, to cost and compliant with the specified Quality standards.
Salary & Benefits:
- c.£45,000 pa (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- Holiday allowance 25 days holiday plus b/hols
- Private health care scheme
- Annual Bonus (dependent on company performance)
- Company pension
The successful Production Manager day to day duties will include:
- Preparing and executing the Production schedule, ensuring that machinery and staff resources are available to meet to meet production demands
- Maintain the manufacturing budget, control costs and achieve monthly profit targets.
- Optimisation of all machinery and staffing resources, to meet fluctuating demands in an efficient manner, whilst maintaining a high standard of work environment.
- Maintaining H&S and Quality standards within the manufacturing facilities, ensuring that best practices are employed in the organization of work areas and work flows.
- Continuously measure and evaluate the departmental goals and all work processes, daily production goals and hourly progress towards these goals. Manage and report KPI analysis daily.
- Ensure process improvements by using LEAN methodologies to enhance productivity.
- Identification and delivery of improvement plans for the manufacturing site ensuring proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all shifts
The successful Production Manager will have the following experience / characteristics:
- Strong leadership skills are required to manage medium sized production team and to work cross functionally with the Procurement, Engineering, Quality and Programme Management functions.
- Relevant Production, Manufacturing or Engineering qualification at HNC level or higher (desirable)
- Significant production management experience in a relevant manufacturing environment, ideally holding an appropriate qualification
- LEAN manufacturing methodology
- Strong interpersonal qualities
- Ideally hold an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification or demonstrated significant HSE experience
- Excellent numeracy, analytical and IT skills
- Good problem solving ability
The successful Production Manager will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
To apply, you should be an experienced Production Manager with manufacturing assembly experience please click on the apply now button to apply for this role.
Key Words: Production Supervisor, Production Team Leader, Production Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Head of Production , Manufacturing, Assembly Manufacture, Engineering, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, 5S, 5Y, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Central Belt, Scotland