http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Working for this leading manufacturer you’ll be a hardworking and reliable Team Leader who will be able to work alone or as part of a team. The environment is physically demanding and fast paced, you will need to be able to manage busy production lines for a full shift.
The factory has various teams assembling many products, you will be trained internally in one area and potentially then across the factory so that become multi-skilled.
The main duties of the role will include:
- Directing Team Members on the production line
- Packing and labelling of goods for dispatch
- Adhering to health and safety policies
- Cleaning components
- Quality Control
- Attend Health and Safety Meetings
The ideal candidate will be used to working within a fast-paced role manufacturing department with a keen attention to deal and ability to thrive under pressure.
Further attributes include:
- Good working knowledge of Production Machinery
- Ability to problem solve machinery issues and undertake basic repairs to keep downtime low.
- Basic Knowledge of KPI’S, OEE and have the ability to present these figures to senior managers.
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word is an advantage.
- Experience of using chemicals in a manufacturing environment such as resins, peroxides and acetone.
- Understanding of COSHH and basic health and safety in the workplace.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Proven track record of training staff in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of using fibreglass/laminating is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of hand/power tools essential.
- Proven team leader experience in a manufacturing role minimum 2 years.
- Good knowledge of using production sheets to drive staff performance.
- Calm manner and can talk to people at all levels of the business.
- Good understanding of SSOW and why these are relevant in the workplace.
- Perform weekly stock checks on all raw materials and monitor scrap rates/material wastage.
- Basic knowledge of RCCM desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate needs to be physically fit and self-motivated with a can-do attitude, and a keen attention to detail. You must be able to work as part of a team to meet tight deadlines.
Experience of working in a factory environment and manual assembly is desirable.
Due to the rural location of the business, must have own transport.
The working hours are Monday to Thursday 8am to 5pm and Friday 8am to 1.30pm, with a competitive salary package of between £26,000 – £28,000 per annum depending on experience.
The role is offered on a 12 week temp to perm placement, so 12 week as an agency worker via GPW, on successful completion of this a permanent role be offered.
To apply for the role of Manufacturing Team Leader, please click apply now.