http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Working for this specialist global manufacturing business as a Materials Technician in the Quality control Department, you will report to the QC Laboratory Supervisor and be responsible for performing laboratory, pilot-scale and shop floor-based duties relating to Materials Science and Quality Control. Your duties will include; mould/sample preparation, reactions, mixing/blending, curing and testing related to specific projects; whilst maintaining the work environment in a clean, presentable and orderly manner.
- Applying materials knowledge to assigned projects
- Maintenance of the chemicals testing laboratory
- Organising and maintaining generated materials data
- Conducting lab and materials-based testing to support QC and Materials Team projects and initiatives.
- Maintenance of laboratory safety records.
- Ensuring adherence to company policies and business regulations
- Using all equipment safely and following all operating procedures.
- Perform experiments, sample preparation, testing and reporting of test results, as per project requirements in a safe, timely and professional manner.
- Participate in laboratory inspections.
- Promote Trelleborg values among colleagues and peers
- Adhere to the Company’s values and business practices.
- Identify and incorporate international test standards, as required.
- To be aware of the health and safety consideration of existing and new materials.
- Maintain confidentiality and protect the Company’s intellectual property, formulations and processes.
- Carrying out any other reasonable duties that may be requested from time to time.
- Keep work area clean.
Qualifications / Education
- HNC/HND or higher in a field relating to chemistry, material science or polymers, or equivalent experience.
- Safely operating, troubleshooting, and maintaining a wide variety of laboratory equipment including but not limited to; mixing equipment, chemical reactors, gas pycnometers, rotational rheometers, titration equipment, and analytical balances.
- Scheduling, initiating, progressing and concluding laboratory work for multiple stakeholders
- Working effectively with polymer and composite systems
- Communicating effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Track record of success in a team-based work environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook®, Excel®, and Word®
This is a full-time role (39 hours per week) based on a fixed-term contract (12 months), salary negotiable depending on experience.
To apply for the role of Materials Technician please click apply now or feel free to call Mark Clarke directly on 01744 452032 between 8 am and 5pm or 07391 869485 outside of these hours.