http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are looking for a M&E Project Manager to work on a permanent basis covering the Birmingham areas and south.
Salary is c£40,000 – 45,000 per annum
Responsible for the successful delivery of the construction project ensuring it is delivered safely, on time and on budget – projects will be located across the UK+I region and will vary in size, complexity and technologies. The M&E Project Manager must be able to manage and lead a team of Project personnel, be this engineering staff or site management to ensure successful project delivery that promotes industry leading standards in both safety and construction.
- Project Planning: Remain accountable for developing and implementing the detailed installation project plans and meeting the budget assigned to the project
- Construction process: Follow and comply with the business quality and HSES processes and procedures. Ensure all measures are taken and routine meetings are held to ensure the co-ordination of all internal and external parties to maintain a successful delivery plan that delivers on time, and on budget
- Resourcing and people development: Support the Projects leader as required in developing a successful construction team and support and mentor other members of the team as required
- Contractor Management: Assist with procurement and contractor management as required, to help build, identify and secure framework agreements with a range of suitable contractors. Ensure scoring of the contractors occurs after each and every project as per the business process
- Customer satisfaction: Establish strong relationships with the customer and look to attain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Operational Risk: Ensure a project risk register is in place and manage and monitor all operational risks on your projects and escalating as necessary
- Reporting: Provide the Project leader with detailed and on-time progress reports, tracking project timescales, resources, HSE and budget on a routine basis. Ensure a weekly site report is provided by your site manager
- Governance: Ensure the DE&P Governance framework is appropriately followed for all technical, final decisions and approvals.
Health & Safety
- Responsible for meeting all relevant health, safety, environmental & associated legal requirements for your projects
- Responsible for creating a proactive culture of continuous improvement around health and safety within your project teams
Values & team management
- Adhere to the Competence and Training framework policy and procedures to ensure you attain/retain the correct competence to perform your role
- Apply the clients and Distributed Energy & Power values in all day to day activities and maintain a passion for promoting and delivering great customer service
- Develop an inclusive and engaged team environment where people feel supported and their culture and personal circumstances are taken into account
- Technical Knowledge: Strong understanding of construction and installation project management with several years’ experience working on a project or projects in access of £3M. Highly experienced in delivering sizeable and complex projects
- Attention to detail: Ensure you apply a forensic approach to each stage of the installation process to ensure a ‘right-first-time’ outcome and capture potential issues before they arise
- Cross-functional communication: Ability to communicate across all levels and have the ability to converse and collaborate across all internal and external teams of varying technical or commercial bias to enable a successful outcome
- Business Acumen: Undertake effective decision making that challenge the status quo and deliver business goals
- Senior or Project Manager within HVAC, Energy, CHP construction or installation business with several years’ experience working on one of more projects up to or exceeding the value of £3M
- Electrical, mechanical or construction track record
- Experience in HVAC, Energy, renewable energy and/or CHP
- APM or equivalent Professional certification
- Degree level qualified Electrical or Mechanical Engineer preferred but not essential
If the M&E Project Manager role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!