http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Due to an increase in workload, we are recruiting 9 Assembly Fitters for a company based in Shipley, these are fixed term contracts until the end of November 2020.
To assemble and test machinery and equipment with the use of engineering drawings, machine build books and SOP’s, producing quality work to the required standard in a safe manner following company procedures.
- Assembly and testing of can making equipment to meet customer requirements.
- Delegation and support of non-complex tasks to semi-skilled team mates
- Ensure all documentation is up to date and legible
- Ensure workplace standards are adhered to
- Carry out Operator Asset Care tasks
- Report any hazards that may cause harm to yourself or a colleague
- Audit work areas to company 5’s standards
- Carry out any cleaning pit-stops at the proposed time efficiently and effectively
- Escalate any parts, drawing, routings and machine Faults
- Participate in investigations to determine non-conformance (5Y/8D)
- Document any data relevant to associated tasks
- Ensure that Stock control procedures are adhered to at all times
- Participate in any continuous improvement initiatives and provide constructive feedback to the improvement team
- Communicate with operators from other shifts and carry out effective end of shift handovers
- Provide on-the-job training to apprentices and new employees
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the assembly and testing of OEM (original equipment manufacturer) machinery
- Combined education and on-the-job training within an engineering background.
- Apprentice trained engineer (NVQ 3 or equivalent qualification minimum)
- Mechanical and Technical Flexibility
- Ability to work unsupervised
The annual salary will be £27,700pa (pro rata) working 37.5 hours per week.