http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Purpose of the Job
To effectively build, test and repair all equipment produced by the client to the required quality and timescale and in accordance with the job specification/drawings and works order. To provide an effective and efficient mechanical installation maintenance and fault finding service on customer’s sites
- Check contents of issued material/components in accordance with drawings/parts list prior to start of build and report any deficiencies to Team Leader.
- Build equipment using the materials/components supplied within the specified timescale and in accordance with the drawing/specification ensuring all necessary documentation is completed and that finished work is clean, grease and free from scratches and sharp edges
- Appraise hire machines and take appropriate action to bring the machines’ condition/functionality to the current or required standard ensuring work is tested for functionality
- Complete inspection of machines and tooling taking action to resolve any problems identified
- Conduct a final inspection of mechanical aspects and ensure compliance in accordance with the inspection sheets
- Attend customer sites with the necessary tools and components to carry out service/fault finding activities with minimum disruption to the customer
- Represent the Company in an efficient and professional manner, including adherence to the Company Code of Practice for conduct, appearance and transport
- Assist customers and colleagues with problems that arise offering practical and appropriate solutions.
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in verbal and written communications.
- Adhere to customer’s factory rules and hygiene regulations and read their Health and Safety Notices to Contractors where appropriate
- Resolve situations as quickly and efficiently as possible liasing with the customer
- as required and report findings to the Customer Service Manager/Design as appropriate
- Maintain all appropriate documentation and ensure that all unused components are returned to stores
- Ensure that, where appropriate the escalation procedure is implemented
- Ensure that the PA service desk is continually aware of progress and issues on site and future plans
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area.
- Adhere to health and safety policies and procedures and carry out all activities in a manner which is responsible and safe to yourself and others.
- Develop positive relationships with all you come into contact with.
- Contribute positively to team and company morale and spirit.
- Accept responsibility for the quality of work and get it right first time.
- To carry out any other duties as requested.
- Salary £25,000 – £26,000 pa (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- Hours of work 8.00am – 4.30pm Mon – Fri (30 min lunch) – 40 hours
- Rest room with TV, drinks and snacks machine, fridges, microwaves and sandwich ordering service.
- 20 days’ holiday plus bank hols – increasing one day/year to maximum of 25 days plus bank hols.
- Group Personal Pension Plan – Company contributes 5% after three pension years of service Company contribution is backdated to start date. Employer currently contributes 3%, Candidate has to put in minimum of 4% under auto enrolment.
- Availability of bonus depends on company performance and is discretionary.
If you are interested in the above position feel free to give me a call on 01744 454300 or email cfoster @ gpwrecruitment . co . uk