http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Mechanical Assembly Fitter with experience of assembling special purpose machinery required ASAP on a fixed term contract, based in the Bradford Area.
Working Hours are 37.5 hours (Mon-Fri) and the working pattern is 07.30am – 4.15pm with a possibility of some overtime.
Salary & Benefits:-
- Just under £28,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications) plus a company bonus scheme.
Job Objective: To effectively assemble equipment to the required quality and timescale and in accordance with the job specification/ drawings and works order. To provide an effective and efficient mechanical assembly service.
The successful Mechanical Assembly Fitter day to day duties will include:
- Build equipment as per drawing/specification within the specified timescale ensuring all necessary documentation is completed and that machinery is built to the company’s high standard.
- Report any faults or part shortages on build to the Team Leader
- Conduct a final inspection of mechanical aspects, machinery and tooling to ensure compliance in accordance with the inspection sheets and resolve any problems identified.
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in verbal and written communications.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge for the effective performance of the role
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area
To be suitable for this Mechanical Assembly Fitter role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Must have previous experience of working with or assembling moving machinery such as motors, gear boxes, hydraulics, gauges and pneumatics.
- Ideally be time served / completed apprenticeship as a Mechanical Fitter / Mechanical Engineer.
- Ideally hold relevant mechanical qualifications for the role (NVQ L2 / L3, ONC, HNC etc.).
- Good communicational (oral, reading and writing) skills.
- Full UK Drivers Licence
To be more suitable for this Mechanical Assembly Fitter role it would be more advantageous if you have the following skills / experience:
- Previous experience of assembling special purpose machinery.
- Basic electrical knowledge of wiring machinery and equipment.
- Electrical qualifications.
The successful Mechanical Assembly Fitter will be a team player who is highly motivated and keen to succeed.
Always aiming to produce a quality product, adhere to health & safety policies at all times and have previous experience of working in a busy manufacturing environment. You will also have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Mechanical Assembly Fitter role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.
Key Words: Mechanical Fitter, Assembly, Mechanical Engineer, Machine Build, Mechanical Technician, Machinery, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Maintenance, Assembling Machinery, Installation, Manufacture Assembly, Bradford, Leeds, Shipley, Huddersfield, Halifax, Yorkshire.