GPW are recruiting for a Mechanical Assembly Fitter with experience of all aspects of mechanical engineering from bench assembly work to using small basic machine tools, working for our client based in the Altrincham area. This role attracts a salary of £28,608.24 pa before overtime and overnight allowances when travelling. Factory based hours of work for the Production Department are 8.00 am to 4.45 pm Monday to Thursday and 8.00 am to 3.45 pm on Fridays.
The company manufactures pre-press equipment for the gravure and flexographic printing industry ( primarily board, packaging and labels). The product range comprises flexo plate mounting equipment, flexo proofing presses and gravure proofing presses. We are market leaders in these products.
The company attributes its continuing success to well designed and manufactured products which our customers find to be very reliable over the long term and easy to operate and maintain. This success in turn relies on a team of experienced designers, engineers and sales people. We look to the sales team and installation engineers to generate the feedback from customers needed to continuously develop our machine portfolio in response to market demand and we are willing to put design time into every machine we sell to ensure the customer gets the right machine for the job.
The company has 30 employees and an annual turnover in excess of £6 million. Approximately 90% of the machinery is sold overseas and almost 4,000 machines have been sold in over 100 countries.
£28,608.24 pa before overtime and overnight allowances when travelling.
The Company operates a contributory pension scheme, the Company’s contribution rate is 3% of annual salary.
Hours of Work:
Factory based hours of work for the Production Department are 8.00 am to 4.45 pm Monday to Thursday and 8.00 am to 3.45 pm on Fridays.
There are 33 days of paid holiday per year including public holidays. The company usually shuts down between Christmas and New Year and you are required to reserve an appropriate number of days to cover this break.
Statutory sick pay applies.
There are DIS (Death in Service) and PHI (Permanent Health Insurance) schemes in operation. The employee is also entitled to join the Healthsure scheme.
- The applicant should be experienced in all aspects of mechanical engineering from bench assembly work to using small basic machine tools. He/she should be experienced in working with pneumatics, hydraulics and competent with basic electrics. Knowledge of working and assembling servo motors, gearboxes and associated equipment would be an advantage.
- The fitter is employed to carryout assembly of any of the company’s equipment in line with guidelines and instructions.
- The fitter will be required to operate tools, including a centre lathe, milling machine, grinders, drills etc. and to carry out simple modification work of parts manufactured by subcontractors if required.
- The fitter will carry out simple welding as part of a drum assembly process.
- The fitter will assist other members of the production team when required.
- Carry out installation and service work in accordance with the company guide lines and procedures with consideration to the budgeted costs in any country worldwide to which machines are supplied. Overseas travel of approximately 10 weeks per year will be required.
- All Production Department personnel will give assistance to any other task required to ensure that the Production Department meets the delivery targets of the company.
The applicant must be able to work with others in a team environment.
If you would like to apply for this role, please click the apply now button.
Due to the demand for this type of role, we may not be able to speak to all candidates so please accept our apologies if this is the case.
You will be contacted within two working days if your application has proceeded to the next stage.