http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
- Salary £23,000 – £26,000 pa (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- Hours of work 8.00am – 4.30pm Mon – Fri (30 min lunch) – 40 hours
- Rest room with TV, drinks and snacks machine, fridges, microwaves and sandwich ordering service.
- 20 days’ holiday plus bank hols – increasing one day/year to maximum of 25 days plus bank hols.
- Group Personal Pension Plan – Company contributes 5% after three pension years of service Company contribution is backdated to start date. Employer currently contributes 3%, Candidate has to put in minimum of 4% under auto enrolment.
- Check contents of issued material/components in accordance with drawings/parts list prior to start of build and report any deficiencies to Team Leader.
- Build equipment using the materials/components supplied within the specified timescale and in accordance with the drawing/specification ensuring all necessary documentation is completed and that finished work is clean, grease and free from scratches and sharp edges
- Conduct a final inspection of mechanical aspects and ensure compliance in accordance with the inspection sheets
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in verbal and written communications.
- Adhere to factory rules and hygiene regulations and read their Health and Safety Notices to Contractors where appropriate
- Resolve situations as quickly and efficiently as possible liasing with the customer as required and report findings to the Customer Service Manager/Design as appropriate
- Maintain all appropriate documentation and ensure that all unused components are returned to stores
- Ensure that the service desk is continually aware of progress and issues on site and future plans
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area
- To carry out any other duties as requested
To be suitable for this Mechanical Assembly Fitter role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Must have previous experience of working with or assembling moving machinery
- Ideally be time served / completed apprenticeship as a Mechanical Fitter / Mechanical Engineer.
- Ideally hold relevant mechanical qualifications for the role (NVQ L2 / L3, ONC, HNC etc.)
- Good communicational (oral, reading and writing) skills.
- Full UK Drivers Licence
The successful applicant will be a team player, highly motivated, always aiming to produce a quality product and flexible as there will be overtime. You will also have previous experience of working in a similar environment have the relevant qualifications, be punctual, conscientious and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in the role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button