https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
My Client based in Knutsford, Chesire have an opportunity for a time served Mechanical Assembly Fitter with experience of working with or assembling moving machinery to join the team.
You will be responsible for the build, test and repair of all equipment to the required quality and timescale and in accordance with the job specification/drawings and works order. To provide an effective and efficient mechanical installation maintenance and fault finding service on customer’s sites
- Salary £23,000 – £26,000 pa (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- Hours of work 8.00am – 4.30pm Mon – Fri (30 min lunch) – 40 hours
- Rest room with TV, drinks and snacks machine, fridges, microwaves and sandwich ordering service.
- 20 days’ holiday plus bank hols – increasing one day/year to maximum of 25 days plus bank hols.
- Group Personal Pension Plan – Company contributes 5% after three pension years of service Company contribution is backdated to start date. Employer currently contributes 3%, Candidate has to put in minimum of 4% under auto enrolment.
- Check contents of issued material/components in accordance with drawings/parts list prior to start of build and report any deficiencies to Team Leader.
- Build equipment using the materials/components supplied within the specified timescale and in accordance with the drawing/specification ensuring all necessary documentation is completed and that finished work is clean, grease and free from scratches and sharp edges
- Conduct a final inspection of mechanical aspects and ensure compliance in accordance with the inspection sheets
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in verbal and written communications.
- Adhere to factory rules and hygiene regulations and read their Health and Safety Notices to Contractors where appropriate
- Resolve situations as quickly and efficiently as possible liasing with the customer as required and report findings to the Customer Service Manager/Design as appropriate
- Maintain all appropriate documentation and ensure that all unused components are returned to stores
- Ensure that the service desk is continually aware of progress and issues on site and future plans
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area
- To carry out any other duties as requested
To be suitable for this Mechanical Assembly Fitter role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Must have previous experience of working with or assembling moving machinery
- Ideally be time served / completed apprenticeship as a Mechanical Fitter / Mechanical Engineer.
- Ideally hold relevant mechanical qualifications for the role (NVQ L2 / L3, ONC, HNC etc.)
- Good communicational (oral, reading and writing) skills.
- Full UK Drivers Licence
The successful applicant will be a team player, highly motivated, always aiming to produce a quality product and flexible as there will be overtime. You will also have previous experience of working in a similar environment have the relevant qualifications, be punctual, conscientious and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in the role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button