https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Mechanical Assembly Fitter / Field Service Engineer with excellent all round engineering skills and experience of assembling high value special purpose machinery required ASAP for a permanent day role in Altrincham / Wythenshawe Area. This role attracts a salary up to £26,690 (dependent on experience and qualifications) + O/T when working away from home. The basic working week is approx. 40 hours (Mon – Fri days 8am – 4.45pm).
Job Objective: To effectively perform mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and basic electrical installation duties on all equipment to the required timescale and quality and in accordance with the job specification/drawings and works order. To provide an effective and efficient installation fault finding service on customer’s sites in UK and overseas as and when required.
The successful Mechanical Fitter / Field Service Engineer Fitter day to day duties will include:
- Build equipment as per drawing/specification within the specified timescale ensuring all necessary documentation is completed and that machinery is built to the company’s high standard.
- Report any faults or part shortages on build to the Team Leader
- The fitter will be required to operate tools, including a centre lathe, milling machine, grinders, drills etc. and to carry out simple modification work of parts manufactured by subcontractors if required.
- Undertake non coded welding as part of drum assembly process.
- Conduct a final inspection of mechanical aspects, machinery and tooling to ensure compliance in accordance with the inspection sheets and resolve any problems identified.
- Attend customer sites with the necessary tools and components to carry out service/fault finding activities with minimum disruption to the customer.
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in verbal and written communications.
- Maintain all appropriate documentation and ensure that all unused components are returned to stores appropriately
To be suitable for this Mechanical Engineer / Field Service Engineer role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Ideally be time served / completed apprenticeship as a Mechanical Fitter / Mechanical Engineer.
- Relevant mechanical qualifications (NVQ L2 / L3, ONC, HNC etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of assembling and installing pneumatic and hydraulic components.
- Good welding skills and manual machining skills – Drilling, Milling, Centre Lathe, Grinding etc.
- Basic electrical knowledge of wiring machinery and equipment.
- Good communicational (oral, reading and writing) skills.
- PC Literate – MS Word / MS Excel
- Full UK Drivers Licence
The ideal Mechanical Assembly Fitter / Field Service Engineer will have the following skills / experience:
- HNC or higher qualification in a relevant mechanical engineering discipline
- Recent experience of working & assembling servo motors, gear boxes and associated equipment.
- Previous experience of assembling high value / low volume bespoke rotating machinery.
- Electrical Qualifications
- Commissioned / serviced machinery on customer’s site.
Salary & Benefits:-
- £26,000 + O/T when working away from home (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Company pension.
- Income protection, cycle to work, childcare voucher and health scheme.
Key Words: Mechanical Fitter, Assembly, Mechanical Engineer, Machine Build, Mechanical Technician, Assembling Machinery, Machining, Welding, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Electrics, Gearboxes, Servo Motors, Installation, Fault Finding, Bespoke, Special Purpose Machinery, Printing, Rotating, Maintenance, Field Service, Manufacture Assembly, Travel, Altrincham, Wythenshawe, Cheshire, Manchester.
The successful Mechanical Assembly Fitter / Field Service Engineer will be a team player, highly motivated, always aiming to produce a quality product, flexible as there may be overtime, willing to stay away from home occasionally and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will also have previous experience of working in a quality assembly / manufacturing environment have the relevant qualifications, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Mechanical Assembly Fitter / Field Service Engineer role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button