https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Mechanical Assembly Fitter with experience of assembling special purpose machinery required ASAP on a 1 year fixed term contract, based in the Bradford Area. This role attracts a salary of just under £28,000. The basic working week is 37.5 hours (Mon-Fri) and the working pattern is 07.30am – 4.15pm with a possibility of some overtime.
Salary & Benefits:-
- Just under £28,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications) plus a company bonus scheme.
Job Objective: To effectively assemble equipment to the required quality and timescale and in accordance with the job specification/ drawings and works order. To provide an effective and efficient mechanical assembly service.
The successful Mechanical Assembly Fitter day to day duties will include:
- Build equipment as per drawing/specification within the specified timescale ensuring all necessary documentation is completed and that machinery is built to the company’s high standard.
- Report any faults or part shortages on build to the Team Leader
- Conduct a final inspection of mechanical aspects, machinery and tooling to ensure compliance in accordance with the inspection sheets and resolve any problems identified.
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in verbal and written communications.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge for the effective performance of the role
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area
To be suitable for this Mechanical Assembly Fitter role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Must have previous experience of working with or assembling moving machinery such as motors, gear boxes, hydraulics, gauges and pneumatics.
- Ideally be time served / completed apprenticeship as a Mechanical Fitter / Mechanical Engineer.
- Ideally hold relevant mechanical qualifications for the role (NVQ L2 / L3, ONC, HNC etc.).
- Good communicational (oral, reading and writing) skills.
To be more suitable for this Mechanical Assembly Fitter role it would be more advantageous if you have the following skills / experience:
- Previous experience of assembling special purpose machinery.
- Basic electrical knowledge of wiring machinery and equipment.
- Electrical qualifications.
Key Words: Mechanical Fitter, Assembly, Mechanical Engineer, Machine Build, Mechanical Technician, Machinery, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Maintenance, Assembling Machinery, Installation, Manufacture Assembly, Bradford, Leeds, Shipley, Huddersfield, Halifax, Yorkshire.
The successful Mechanical Assembly Fitter will be a team player who is highly motivated and keen to succeed.
Always aiming to produce a quality product, adhere to health & safety policies at all times and have previous experience of working in a busy manufacturing environment. You will also have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Mechanical Assembly Fitter role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.