http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Mechanical Assembly Fitter – Liverpool – £17 per hour Ltd
Are you an experienced Mechanical Assembly Fitter?
Do you have a background within an assembly manufacturing environment?
Are you looking for a long-term contract?
Our client, a highly specialist manufacturing company based in the Liverpool area, is looking to appoint an experienced Mechanical Assembly Fitter due to increased workload and a busy order book. The appointed person will report to the Production Manager and work along-side other time-served Mechanical Fitters.
Operating in a team of ten, the key purpose of this role is to ensure that products are prepared and assembled accurately, tested and packed for shipments to meet customer delivery dates.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks:
- Benchfitting: prepare parts/surfaces & check component parts for quality issues prior to assembling
- Accurate assembly using assembly pack (assembly drawings & instructions)
- Packages product safely in accordance with transport mode
- Uses appropriate safety labels on packaging
- High level of safety awareness
- Excellent housekeeping
- Apprenticeship trained/time served mechanical engineer
- Minimum 4 years mechanical assembly
- Experience of bench fitting
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Previous experience of working in a team-focused environment
- Ability to interpret technical drawings
- Works quickly and accurately
- Overtime required as dictated by business needs
- Hourly rate £17ph Ltd
- Hours of Work: 37.5 per week Monday to Friday
- Overtime after 37.5 hours @ standard rate
To apply for this position please click apply now. Alternatively, please call Chris at GPW on 01744 452 044 for more information.