http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Mechanical Assembly Fitter with experience of assembling industrial moving machinery required ASAP for a permanent day role in Knutsford / Warrington Area. This role attracts a salary of £23,000 – £26,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications). The basic working week is 40 hours (Mon – Fri 8am – 4.30pm / 6am-2pm / 2-10pm)
Salary & Benefits:-
- £23,000 – £26,000 pa (dependent on experience and qualifications) + occasional O/T at 1.5x
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays – rising to 25 days + bank holidays
- Availability of bonus depends on company performance and is discretionary
- Excellent Company Pension
- 30 minutes lunch and 2 x 15 minute breaks.
- Rest room with TV, vending machines, fridges, microwaves and sandwich ordering service.
Job Objective: To effectively build, test and repair all equipment to the required quality and timescale and in accordance with the job specification/drawings and works order. To provide an effective and efficient mechanical installation maintenance and fault finding service on customer’s sites.
The successful Mechanical Assembly Fitter day to day duties will include:
- Build equipment as per drawing/specification within the specified timescale ensuring all necessary documentation is completed and that machinery is built to the company’s high standard.
- Report any faults or part shortages on build to the Team Leader
- Inspect hire machines and take appropriate action to bring the machines’ condition/functionality to the current or required standard
- Conduct a final inspection of mechanical aspects, machinery and tooling to ensure compliance in accordance with the inspection sheets and resolve any problems identified.
- Attend customer sites with the necessary tools and components to carry out service/fault finding activities with minimum disruption to the customer.
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in verbal and written communications.
- Maintain all appropriate documentation and ensure that all unused components are returned to stores appropriately.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge for the effective performance of the role.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area.
To be suitable for this Mechanical Assembly Fitter role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Must have previous experience of working with or assembling moving machinery such as motors, gear boxes, hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Ideally be time served / completed apprenticeship as a Mechanical Fitter / Mechanical Engineer.
- Relevant mechanical qualifications (NVQ L2 / L3, ONC, HNC etc.).
- Good communicational (oral, reading and writing) skills.
- PC Literate – MS Word / MS Excel.
- Full UK Drivers Licence.
To be more suitable for this Mechanical Assembly Fitter role it would be more advantageous if you have the following skills / experience:
- Previous experience of assembling / working with packaging or processing machinery used for the food or pharmaceutical sectors.
- Basic electrical knowledge of wiring machinery and equipment.
- Electrical qualifications
- Commissioned machinery on customer’s site.
Key Words: Mechanical Fitter, Assembly, Mechanical Engineer, Machine Build, Mechanical Technician, Packaging, Machinery, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Machine Wiring, Test and Repair, Panel Wiring, Maintenance, Assembling Machinery, Installation, Fault Finding, Food, Pharmaceutical, Manufacture Assembly, Knutsford, Warrington, Cheshire
The successful Mechanical Fitter will be a team player who is highly motivated and keen to succeed. Always aiming to produce a quality product, adhere to health & safety policies at all times and have previous experience of working in a busy manufacturing environment. You will also have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Mechanical Assembly Fitter role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button