https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Mechanical Calibration Engineer with recent experience of calibrating Torque equipment and occasionally electrical and dimensional measuring equipment is required ASAP for a long term contract (possibly temp to perm) in Solihull / Marston Green, B33 area. Salary is negotiable (dependent on experience and qualifications). The Calibration Engineer position will be working circa 37 hours (Mon – Fri Days) + occasional O/T.
The client may also consider recently qualified Mechanical Engineering Apprentices / Trainees or experienced applicants from a Mechanical Inspection, Quality, Toolmaking or similar background who have experience of using and calibrating items such as Torque Wrenches / Screw Drivers, Micrometers, Vernier Calipers, DTI’s, or gauges etc. to in-house standards.
Salary & Benefits:
- Negotiable salary (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- 33 Days holiday inclusive of Bank Hols
The successful Mechanical / Dimensional Calibration Technician (Torque) day to day duties will include:
- To repair, maintain and calibrate mostly Mechanical instruments such as Torque, Load, Pressure, and occasionally some electrical and dimensional measuring instrumentation such as DMM’s, Clamp Meters, Oscilloscopes, Ammeters, Volt Meters, PAT testers, Insulation Testers, Micrometers, Vernier Callipers and gauges to internal specifications.
- Documenting and inputting data / results onto computer and producing quality written documents.
- To follow company H&S guidelines.
To be suitable for this Mechanical Calibration Engineer (Torque / Dimensional) role you must have the following experience:
- Preferably have previous experience as an Instrument calibration engineer / technician.
- Previous experience of calibrating load, torque, pressure, flow and electrical / electronic instrumentation.
- Ideally will have completed a relevant engineering apprenticeship or be time served.
- Must be PC literate in MS Word and Excel
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills and be able to work with the minimum of supervision
To be more suitable for this Instrument Calibration Engineer role it would be more advantageous if you have the following experience:
- Ideally educated to HNC or higher in relevant engineering discipline.
- Proven customer facing experience.
- Calibration of electronic and mechanical load, pressure, torque, flow, temperature instrumentation on test benches.
- Previous experience of calibrating to UKAS standards.
- Knowledge of importing / exporting from Excel databases and report generation from databases.
- Test rig calibration.
- Aerospace or Automotive industry.
Key Words: Calibration Engineer, Metrology, Test and Verification, Torque, Dimensional, Mechanical, Calibrate, Technician, UKAS, Electrical, Electronic, Instrument, Test & Measurement, Temperature, Test Rigs, Aerospace, Automotive, Solihull, Marston Green, Birmingham, Coventry, West Midlands
The successful Mechanical Calibration Engineer (Torque / Dimensional) will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Calibration Engineer / Technician role and have the required experience please click the apply now button.