http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Do you have Solidworks experience?
Do you have a background in Mechanical Engineering?
We’re looking to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer for a leading manufacturer based in Lancaster. You will be required to work on several projects simultaneously and will be responsible for design and development to new and existing products. This requires that components and assemblies are developed in consideration of engineering calculations and principles to ensure that all safety/ design factors are met.
- Design new components, and modify existing components and assemblies.
- Asses the components and assemblies in consideration of engineering principles, ensuring all safety and design criteria are met.
- Design and test prototype products.
- Working on existing product improvements including testing.
- Assist in the implementation of production innovations.
- Supporting the production, sales, marketing and IT areas of the business during the implementation of product innovations.
- Liaise with external test houses with regards to product testing.
- Support the Product Development Manager and Supervisor in any aspects of work required to support the success of the department.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Competent use of Solidworks (modelling, drawing and FEA).
- Competent use of Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent organisational and problem solving skills.
- A rounded knowledge of business/ commercial practicalities.
- Salary – up to £30,000 pa
- 22 Days holiday increasing to 25.
- Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday 8:15 – 5pm, Friday 8:15 – 3:45pm.
To apply for the role of Mechanical Design Engineer, feel free to give Craig a call at GPW Recruitment on 01744 452043/ 07391869488 or please click apply now